Jambands.ca

For the TV viewers in the house...

Large Marge

There's a new reality show I've heard about starring Pauly Shore called "Minding The Store", in which Shore runs a comedy club, with various underlings working for him.

Now put Del, Lazlo, Booche, Canned Beats, me, and maybe Kaidy Mae in charge of running a music club. Call the show "In A Jam", and have the club focus on jambands, but have the club thrown curve balls (cancellations, equipment failures, dealing with prima donna bands, etc.). Here's the kicker: the club has to actually make money: if, at the end of the TV season, there's a profit, the stars share it equally; if there's a deficit, they have to make it up, equally.

Aloha,

Brad

LOL Count me in bradm. However, you may want to change the title to Crash and Burn. We'd be in the red trying to find bail money for Lazlo alone. Mercy! Add to that fancy new taping gear, nightly bookings of the Slip and enough hookers and coke to kill a small bear and we'd be in debt for the rest of our lives. ;)

Besides, there's no way Booche and I could get anything productive accomplished together. For some reason I'm not including "inebriation" on the short list of productive accomplishments here.

PROFITTING FROM JAMBANDS???????????

Put the bong down, hippie (or, should I say, the Little Red Book, Maoist). The bar wouldn't profit from the bands per se, but from the masses of people they'd (hope to) get out to consume mass amounts of consumables. Having the staff deal with the health department, liquor license people, cops, etc., would also be part of the fun.

Aloha,

Brad

Let me say this a different way,

A BAR THAT ONLY BRINGS IN JAMBANDS, YET TURN A PROFIT ??????????????

Kaidy is right. Her and I would be making caesars as soon as we woke up and the show would be cancelled by 4pm that day. The funny thing is that we would have woke up at 2:30pm.

Let me say this a different way,

A BAR THAT ONLY BRINGS IN JAMBANDS, YET TURN A PROFIT ??????????????

I didn't say only jambands, just that it should focus on them. Consider Higher Ground: they feature jambands, but also have comedy acts, indie rock, etc. One of the weekly "challenges" the producers would impose would be an arbitrary act (even cheezy magic acts, or a lame karaoke night) that had to be featured that week. How the acts (all of them, imposed or not) would be promoted would be up to the imagination and ingenuity of the contestants.

Aloha,

Brad

Sorry Brad. I am punchy today so pay no attention to me. My first order of business regarding this bar?

The band Wisconsin is banned.

Second order of business?

I would STRICTLY enforce a 'No Taping' policy. Tapes will be made via the board for sale after the gig. I have complete control over the board. The debate/argument/brawl between Brad and I should make for some solid viewing the first show alone.

:)