Jambands.ca

Last Night @ The Orbit...

can-o-phish

Another Monday night and another offering of unbelievable music and stories from The Sisters. From the first notes to the dual-keyboardist encore, the fellas played their collective asses off. Tumbleweed Tea had a nice tease of Creature Comforts thrown in at the end, stories of Indian Motorcycles being traded for Rolex watches only to be dismantled by curious kids and at long last the mystery of what the lead singer whispers to the lead guitarist as he lets him solo has been answered!!!

Kookycanooky's first taste of the band is one I'm sure he'll not soon forget. He was wedged in among the crowded masses that seem to be growing over the past few months.

Fall will see the Sisters revisiting Europe to tour their "Run Neil Run" CD soon to be released and rumours are flying that they will be sharing the stage with The Derek Trucks Band. How's that for a heaping helping of slide guitar from two of the best?

So now I have to transfer the show and convert and FTP to Bouche as this is one for the collection. I hope to have it transferred to Bouche by end of the day.

See you next Monday and have a safe and music-soaked long weekend!

Yes, definitely playing this coming Monday.

As I'm just waking up, more of last night's fun is coming outta the fog...

Kevin pulled out one of his Stratotones for a few numbers, one being a tune named "Louisiana 1927" by Randy Newman dedicated to the flood victems in New Orleans. This closed out the first set and was simply beautiful. Ohio and Helpless with a keyboard solo by Rob had the Neil fans grinning. First set just over 60 minutes.

Second set was just under 90 minutes with the Stratotone for "Southern Man" and Norm Brown joining Rob on the keyboards for the encore "Trouble In Orbit".

It's that time of year when the university crowd has rolled into T-Dot and are finding the hot spots to spend student loans at...LOL...last night there was a group of Testosterone-Filled-Freshmen high-fiving after every tune and then two ended up passing out face down on their tables...good times, good times...but it's all clean fun and so far no one has been seriously injured!

Still laughing over last night's stories...music and comedy...how could you go wrong?

just wanted to chime in and say last night was AMAZING - some unbelievable (and INTENSE) playing from Kevin. I wish I didn't have to work during weekdays, as I have yet to stay for an entire show!!

I have to know, though, when can we download some of these shows? I always try to get the mp3's off the website when they get posted, but I'm dying for a full show!! How come these shows don't get posted to etree?

And what was that one tune - it sounded like Come Together, Machine Gun, and some other song all mixed together?? Is that a regular SE medley?

wow, so there has - awesome!! thanks!! I had been keeping an eye on the torrents section - never even thought to look left!

I can't *wait* to hear the most recent show! Did you ever end up posting the show that had his new tune... I forget the name of it, but he closed the first set with it a couple weeks ago, and it was named after someone he had dedicated it to...

wow, so there has - awesome!! thanks!! I had been keeping an eye on the torrents section - never even thought to look left!

I can't *wait* to hear the most recent show! Did you ever end up posting the show that had his new tune... I forget the name of it, but he closed the first set with it a couple weeks ago, and it was named after someone he had dedicated it to...

Thank bouche as well for hosting these shows and taking the time to post them.

The song you're thinking of is called "Domenic" written for the great Domenic Troiano, a well-known and gifted guitarist from Toronto who recently passed away after battling cancer for 10 years. Kevin also wrote a very gentle tune called "Troiano" and this one is moving to say the least.

You can read a bit about Domenic here... Domenic Troiano Passes...

Are there plans to put up lossless format shows or just mp3?

At the moment I only have time to upload mp3's to jambands. Just don't have the hours in the day to get other stuff uploaded, but if you're ever in T-Dot for a show, give me a heads up and I'll dig through the archives for a lossless show or two to pass on to you backbacon.

Honestly, I have the room and bandwidth to host 1 lossless show at a time right now. However, I don't have the time to switch it up and make the links regularly, but I'll do my best as CoP is able to supply some stuff. Bradm has some Ottawa stuff, but he usually gets it on the Archive.

The Machine Gun riff is something I first picked up in the spring in the middle of 'Two Mile' I believe, and then it was confirmed when the did it in Ottawa.

I love that machine gun tease.

if you guys need someone to host stuff, I could *easily* torrent lossless live shows... my torrent ratios are usually upwards of 6-10:1 for stuff I get off of etree/phishook, so no doubt I could see some good stuff, either on those sites or on here... I think my total upload is 80K, which is reasonable enough.

Only problem is, I'm moving on Saturday - but after that, and after my internet is hooked up, I can volunteer my bandwidth for some good SE/FA action!

can'o'phish - sounds great! I'm definitely planning to be there this monday, as I'm moving to a new place on Rusholme Rd just off college - I'll no longer be a streetcar and 20 min walk away from the orbit, but rather just a short walk... so hopefully I'll be able to see both sets for once!

If you'd rather wait, though, I'm cool with that - because I can't guarantee exactly *when* I'll be able to torrent them. I asked bell to change my internet/phone over on saturday when I move, but who knows if they'll do it right away. It could take a week or two...

Bouche - yeah, you need a tracker. I'm assuming I could post them on http://bt.etree.org without any trouble - though it may be necessary for Kevin to write them and give permission. And I'll have to rely on community members to seed - the best way for me to do it is to seed until two or three people have the file, then jump off and start the next one. I hate it when leechers jump on, get the file, and hop off without seeding :(

Hey Can'o'Phish

Are you checking out the Orbit tonight? (thursday)

anyway, I can only see July 25 up for dl on the main page. Ofcourse i'd love to have the entire Aug 29 show, but until it is fully posted, how can I get my hands on that tune featuring "slow, fast, medium"...I belive..my memory is quite shady ... I remember it had a batman style riff for the medium part, and a keys solo that blew me away!. What is the proper title for that song?

thanks for recording! Are you going to Come together?

Hey kc,

Nope, sorry, didn't make it out to ye ol'Orbit. If you were there I'm sure there were good tunes happening as The Orbit always has solid live entertainment no matter what night of the week.

The song you're remembering is "Rigged Noose", otherwise known as "Frigid Moose or Mouse" as even Kevin called it this the other night. Yah, the Batman tease was fun and the keyboard solos, man, through the fuggin roof!

No Come Together for this soul as there's work to be done over the long weekend so enjoy all the tunes and play safe!