Jambands.ca

Stephen Harper will be our next Prime Minister

ollie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brought up Joe Clark previously... truly miss the days when the Conservatives at least pretended they weren't dying to suck american cock as a political platform... why I dislike Harper so strongly, like Mulroney he's always doing a fruity run south with his eyes closed and his mouth open

Lyndon Johnson (frmr American president) got Trudeau all liquored up on his ranch right after Pierre became prime minister the first time... when he pushed Trudeau to give America free Canadian water, Trudeau said Canada is Canada, America is America if you want water you can pay for it... Johnson was quoted as saying "the prime minister is an asshole" and Canada went on to experience its strongest period of ecconomic growth and financial stability of last century

liberal / ndp split would be ideal for me

a lot of conservatives across the board are united in their despise of the liberals and will cast a vote in hopes of bringing down the so called "governing party of Canada".

grass is always greener on the other side for some people... too hot in summer, too cold in winter, spring and fall are too short

like free trade, people can find an excuse to complain about anything... even if its doing a lot of good but doesn't spend 90% of its time bragging about what a good job its doing... unfortanately, they who cry to loudest usually get their way

true that.

i am happy with how harper wishes to backpeddle the catastrophic can-am relationship chretien did his best to create. i'm not by any means a bush supporter or a republican, but as they are our largest trading partner and kind of the 'leader of the free world', i don't appreciate when all of the sudden our ball-less PM's decide to grow balls and dis' them diplomatically (outside of foreign policy).

catastophic relationship? oh, yeah... we didn't get to send troops to iraq... but we still got lots of new walmarts... Canada's economy is booming, 98% of the planet is giving us a thumbs up (outside of far right wing republican america)

america has conceded they were full of shit over their reasons for going into iraq... I like lots of americans but never want my country to murder people over lies just because the 'big guy' says we should... sometimes the correct response is to stand up instead of bending over

atta boy punk, I hate talkin politics as well, stayed out of this as long as I could... hope ya have a sweet new year, boyyee

our lumber settlement has nothing to do with anything except big brother america saying 'whatcha gonna do about it?'... my answer, trade elsewhere... america is on the verge of financial collapse once they run out of war

Edited by Guest

i'm inclined to think the lumber issue in a way came about because of faulty relationships.. you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours. or NOT.

trade elsewhere? are you kidding me? fuck.. the whole world would collapse. nafta would ensure that our economy would spin into lows even the great depression couldn't imagine.

the softwood lumber screw around started long before iraq, they're not paying now because they can't afford to pay (well they could but, iraq or no, they'd rather not... though nafta told them they have to)... and I agree free trade was a mistake... but as stated, america is poised for financial collapse... they've got personal debts of the citizenry up into the trillions not to mention how much the government is hurting cashwise... the whole country is running on borrowed money

if the relationship is catastrophic, its no fault of ours (besides agreeing to free trade, cough* conservatives)... but we agreed to trade... sending troops to die because a couple of oil babies are having a cock war wasn't in the agreement

Edited by Guest

they're not not paying us. they're imposing tarrifs so US contractors buy homegrown wood and don't shop up north. i faintly remember some "black hat" comments running about over it but am too lazy right now to google it.

i agree they're running on a faulty economy, but for us to be so pompous to think we could go it alone is absolutely ridiculous. all great powers fall in due time and another steps up to take it's place. but the new power to be is normally in some type of advantageous position (ie, USA - WWII) in order to profit off of another's demise. unfortunately Canada is nowhere near such an advantageous position. i'd rather see us play safe and go with the flow and remain friendly to all possible trading partners rather than get too big for our britches (sp?). also to consider IS free trade and the transplant economy and jobs and just how much we really do depend on the USA. do we really want to take this kind of a gamble becuz of US foreign policy? hell NO!

chretien was a retard when it came to dealing with the US. that man's people skills were brutal. honestly, i do point a finger at him for our wavering relationship with the states. for sure.

and oil oil oil.. i'd rather see the oil fields of the world under the control of our friends and not our enemies. the method by which the states has taken to accomplish this i don't agree with, but the result, i do.

i believe you should cough up for the greater good.

not that i have time to dig up all your quotes, but your past opinions on various issues counter this point. one thing that springs to mind: gst tax cut means more money in my pocket to do with as i see fit vs. taxes across the board to help everyone.

sure, i agree that the scale is larger, but philosophically, it follows the same lines.

now, i dont believe that oil in the hands of the US administration is the best thing for the world. and i dont believe these people have any friends. unless friend is spelled "sugardaddy".

the other week i had to be into work earlier than buses started running, so i had to take a cab in - turned out to be a good thing, as i got into a great conversation with my cab driver, who was from Sudan. we talked about all sorts of things going on in the region, and he brought some things to light for me that i didnt know, but helped to explain some of the things that are happening there now.

i'm paraphrasing, and admittedly, i havent gone digging, but he told me of the US oil companies who had been in Sudan looking for oil for 15 years.. chevron was the main one, i believe... they couldnt find any, so after years of looking and not finding, the sudanese government kicked them out, and let chinese companies in to look for oil. apparently the chinese found oil within 6 months. they say the amount of oil underneath Sudan is IMMENSE, and now, its controlled by China. so why cant the Sudanese government get any help from the west with the crisis that has been going on in recent years? if they aint your sugardaddy, you aint their friend.

i dont believe the US Administration has any of the worlds best interests at heart, only their own. especially when it comes to oil.

sure, i agree that the scale is larger, but philosophically, it follows the same lines.

now, i dont believe that oil in the hands of the US administration is the best thing for the world. and i dont believe these people have any friends. unless friend is spelled "sugardaddy".

the other week i had to be into work earlier than buses started running, so i had to take a cab in - turned out to be a good thing, as i got into a great conversation with my cab driver, who was from Sudan. we talked about all sorts of things going on in the region, and he brought some things to light for me that i didnt know, but helped to explain some of the things that are happening there now.

i'm paraphrasing, and admittedly, i havent gone digging, but he told me of the US oil companies who had been in Sudan looking for oil for 15 years.. chevron was the main one, i believe... they couldnt find any, so after years of looking and not finding, the sudanese government kicked them out, and let chinese companies in to look for oil. apparently the chinese found oil within 6 months. they say the amount of oil underneath Sudan is IMMENSE, and now, its controlled by China. so why cant the Sudanese government get any help from the west with the crisis that has been going on in recent years? if they aint your sugardaddy, you aint their friend.

i dont believe the US Administration has any of the worlds best interests at heart, only their own. especially when it comes to oil.

i'm a little weary of them myself, but i wouldn't go so far to say that they don't have the world's best interest at heart. they're playing in a mean game and have the toughest card of all to play, one that i'm pretty sure no matter what the move, is going to fall under constant criticism. i don't agree with the way they go about accomplishing certain things, but in the end i am thankful for that accomplishment- ridding the world of wwii japanese, saddam hussein and the taliban government are all damn good things. sure their motives might be out of whack and their intentions not entirely pure, but their actions do benefit us all, and for that we should be thankful. i am.

china is definately the man right now... when the states threatened north korea and the nk's stood up on their chair with a finger flying and said bring it on the only reason nothing happened was because china said 'behave, children'

china (and western europe) will pay 4 or 5 times what the states are willing for softwood lumber

when I said the states won't pay regarding softwood lumber, I was refering to nafta's decision in Canada's favor that the US was practicing unfair trade practices and awarded Canada $2 billion... thats whats not getting paid... and likely won't

as far as being good neighbours goes, I have friends in the Canadian military and each of them has served in Afghanistan... one was wounded while sticking up for the states

and for the record, Bill Clinton has repeatedly praised Jean Cretien as a profoundly great statesman (as has pretty much every european country and most asian countries, most importantly China)... go travel anywhere on the planet and wear a canadian patch on your backpack one day then an american patch the next... we're respected because we have respect for others, as people should when sharing a planet... america is strongly disliked globally because they almost always put themselves first

and for the record, Bill Clinton has repeatedly praised Jean Cretien as a profoundly great statesman (as has pretty much every european country and most asian countries, most importantly China)... go travel anywhere on the planet and wear a canadian patch on your backpack one day then an american patch the next... we're respected because we have respect for others, as people should when sharing a planet... america is strongly disliked globally because they almost always put themselves first

true.. thank god. but bill clinton isn't the president anymore. you gots to roll with the times!