Jambands.ca

Harper scraps pot decriminalization plan...

Basher

He talked about gov't regulations on how it is grown, potency levels where its grown and who can grow it etc, basically like alcohol it would be tightly controlled.

Sure, commercial distribution would be controlled, but there could still be provisions to allow for backyard growers, much like folks are permitted to make homebrew.

Sure, commercial distribution would be controlled, but there could still be provisions to allow for backyard growers, much like folks are permitted to make homebrew.

I would tend to agree, but I feel it wouldn't be immediate & if it was indoors you'd probally require some sort of permit & maybe have to pay to have it installed given the equipment required. Being an electrician myself, I would expect that to occur, seeing as I have only seen a couple home grow-ops that weren't possible hazards.

[edit to add]

Speaking soley about legalization I mean.

Edited by Guest

Anyway you slice it, I reckon you'd be better off getting caught with a few plants under a legal weed system rather than the current one. And once everyone got used to the idea of legal weed, there'd likely be less effort spent looking in folks' backyard gardens.

Being an electrician myself, I would expect that to occur, seeing as I have only seen a couple home grow-ops that weren't possible hazards.

Can you come look at my basement?

I do agree with that StaggerLee, back yard growing wouldn't be a big issue and I would rather be charged under a legal system. I'm not opposed to legalization actually but I do I feel just switching to full out legal would be a bad step to start with.

Again, just my opinion & thoughts here (certianly no authority on the subject) but I know alot of my American freinds said if it was legalized here they would move here, granted most were probally talking shit, but I do fear we would be a attraction for the wrong element coming here soley to absue it or beacuse of it. I personally feel we need to start out be decriminalizing, kinda reducing the shock to the folks opposed.

As for the cash grab angle, right now the cash grab in my opinion is keeping it illegal, given our gov't knows the rough stats of how many people smoke it, as well the income it generates (add the bigger fines they get to charge while illegal) and the fact they are now using the remedies for organized crime and other unlawful activities act which allows the police to seize your property & bank account without actually charging you.

either velvet and freak already have a criminal record, and dont care if they further it, or they simply dont care if they have one in the first place....

Or of course it could be that velvet and/or freak don't partake in illegal activities and are thus immune from persecution.

As I understand it, one is allowed to grow up to two kilos of tobacco a year for personal use. If they grow more than that they have to pay taxes on it.

I didn't mention anything about a cash grab, and I didn't say I was immune.

My opinion is that pot use is now mainly overlooked, and if decrim came in that would no longer be the case, and people would be fined for what they are now not generally hassled with.