Jambands.ca

My bus hit a motorcycle this morning!

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

What a way to start Friday the 13th... On my morning commute my bus had a head-on collision with a motorcycle.

The motorcycle was clipped by a car that pulled in from a sidestreet and lost control and smacked the oncoming bus.

It's been a long time since I had to apply my first-aid training. Luckily the motorcycle driver survived the hit, which is more than can be said about his bike. We immobilized him, got his name, kept him talking, and even had some laughs with him, while we waited for the ambulance.

I did a quick check for a spinal injury, and luckily he was able to move all his extremities. He complained of pain in his leg and side, but he had no trouble breathing.

I think he got off lucky, with possibly a broken hip or leg, but it could have been worse.

So anybody else have an eventful Friday the 13th?

Ooooh, way to put a bummer on the party in Dover ya jerk!!! Just kidding, good job on applying the first aid and being cool while doing it, the world needs more people that can handle situations like that.

For me, Friday 13th is usually a very good day. So far (I've been awake for an hour) I have had one totally unexpected and unexplained good thing happen, and I haven't left home yet. :)

Happy Friday 13th!

Skank Hero! Awesome life skills Lowroller!

My Friday the 13th has consisted of a lunchtime office wine and pizza, and a Family Feud (online) tournament! Our team KICKED ASSS!

Question: Actors that have played James Bond

- 3 answers on the board

Ollie: "Sean Connery"

CHris: "Pierce Brosnan"

Alain: "JAMES BOND!" EGHHHH!

Bouche (for the win): "Roger Moore"