05 Sea Legs

06 Red Rabbits

07 Turn on Me

08 Black Wave

09 Spilt Needles

10 Girl Sailor

11 A Comet Appears

http://www.mininova.org/tor/465163

After the first listen I'm sad to say I'm a little dissapointed. The perfection that was their last album is hard to top for sure and maybe thats whats souring me . It is good and its nice to hear new Shins songs but nothing is really jumping out at me...maybe over time. Give it a listen for yourself, see what you think.

Edited by Guest

The one thing I hate about writing cd reviews is that you give them a few listens over a couple of days. Music has always had to grow on me. For example, when I first heard Live Dead I didnt really care for it compared to what I thought I loved at that time.

Its a long story.

Really? I fell in love with "Live/Dead" about four bars into "Dark Star". In fact, I picked up my guitar and was playing along with it during my first listen, which I try not to do with new records.

What did you think you loved at that time? What do you think of that now?

Its a long story.

Or a bong story.

Aloha,

Brad

Some bands have grabbed me instantly in recent years: TSOOL, The White Stripes, The International Noise Conspiracy and even Luna. I bought my first My Morning Jacket album back in 2003 - It Still Moves - and it didn't grab me for a few months, not until Golden started getting a lot of airplay on Galaxie radio in some pubs I frequented at the time. Then it all clicked.

• 1 month later...

Actually the album was supposed to come out in Nov. It got leaked then a couple days later the release date was changed to Jan. still not sure hy, can't imagine they changed anything. Its perfect imo.

Give it a few more listens Jay, at first I hated it, now most of my favorite Shins songs are off Wincing.