Jambands.ca

charity jam anyone?

Tricky

Hi everyone! I'm looking for jam bands who would be able to join What The Folk for a night in early December for a charity Jam for Cancer. My step father has cancer and has to go for an operation soon. After his operation there is a low percentage chance that things will be alright. What The Folks goal is to raise enough money to buy him the proper supplies needed to make his life easier. Plus all the support received from everyone will raise his chances for surviving a lot! Also there will be raffles for great prizes...you know, the good stuff?!?! The remainder of money will go the the cancer foundation to help with fighting this disease and learning to prevent it. If any bands would be able to help for an evening in Waterloo for a good jam and good cause please, please email me at dancingbear40@hotmail.com. plus we can all have a good night of wicked fun, and having fun for a damn good reason!

tricky

dancingbear40@hotmail.com

My thoughts are with you on this one tricky. Nice to see that you guys are trying to do something positive during such an unpredictable, and unstable time.

I hope you get the support this deserves. Once you set a date, keep us posted and I will do my best to be there!

Thanks for the kindness...I just hope we can find a band to open for and once we have that, we can set the date accordingly. If any bands would like to help out in this venture please respond! It's for a very good cause and the amount of energy we could all put out there could save a life. If anyone could contact a band or two and let them know what is going on, see if they could help out, I would deeply appreciate it with a full heart...

hey max webster, or should I say pitzy?...If you could help out in any way possible I would appreciate it soooo much dude...if you could get hold of some guys and try to see if they could help out that would be great. give me a call soon so we can plan some good stuff

Just remember that you have to be careful using the word "cancer" to premote a show. The Cancer foundation of Canada, or whatever it's called actually owns the rights to the word and anytime you use it they take a fee. Check out what that is and then see if that would equal what you were thinking of giving after the initial expenses and whatnot. It could be more than you plan to raise total.

Almost had a problem with this at a small fundraiser last year that would actually have lost money had we advertised it as a cancer benefit, but found out this info before hand and donated to the food bank instead. This came as secondhand info to us so I'm not sure of the source but it's worth doing research on before making posters.

That's unbelievable. Is it possible that somewhere in the world are people who wouldn't want to see a cure for cancer because it would strip away their livelihoods (in the same way that cops need crime so they can make a living)? I know that's a bit hyperbolic, but I can't get my head around the logic of that sort of copyright.

alright...this is a jam for good health for those who are in need of a miracle. let's call it "I need a Miracle yearly fund raiser". how about every year around this time, x-mas, we all get together and actually help someone who really really needs it. How about we all use our greater sense of empathy, our musical talents, our big hearts, our brilliant smiles, our caring ways, and make a bigger difference to people than the organized community of doctor's, government, politics, and ACTUALLY help them rather than propagate indifference and acceptance of things that can actually change... we can have our community of jam-heads recognized and show people a better way of helping each other, we are the one's who are truly talented, caring, and "in tune" with creation... let's use this as an opportunity to create deep awareness in those who have forgot.

That's unbelievable. Is it possible that somewhere in the world are people who wouldn't want to see a cure for cancer because it would strip away their livelihoods (in the same way that cops need crime so they can make a living)? I know that's a bit hyperbolic, but I can't get my head around the logic of that sort of copyright.

My guess is that it's to prevent unscrupulous uses of the word. The Canadian Cancer Society would be the ones to provide the final word on what's allowed.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

alright...this is a jam for good health for those who are in need of a miracle. let's call it "I need a Miracle yearly fund raiser". how about every year around this time, x-mas, we all get together and actually help someone who really really needs it. How about we all use our greater sense of empathy, our musical talents, our big hearts, our brilliant smiles, our caring ways, and make a bigger difference to people than the organized community of doctor's, government, politics, and ACTUALLY help them rather than propagate indifference and acceptance of things that can actually change... we can have our community of jam-heads recognized and show people a better way of helping each other, we are the one's who are truly talented, caring, and "in tune" with creation... let's use this as an opportunity to create deep awareness in those who have forgot.

in.

Thanks for your support...we are going to try and set things up for the lanc. when we have more information for the bands, if more will come on out, we will have a more definite date. I'll keep everyone updated as to the happenings. Thanks so much for your offer, every band is welcome to come out and play...like I said though, this is still in the making, we have time to decide what we want and how to do it all, and do it all right...alright!