Jambands.ca

Concert Calendar (Western Canada)

StoneMtn

So, we finally have an "official" concert-calendar up on this board, setting out the important events coming up regionally. So far, we've bundled Western Canada together into one calendar.

Skanks are encouraged to add "jammy" (or musically-cool) events to this calendar, by using the "Add Post" option, and then going on to use the "Manage Event" function.

Check out the new calendar here. Add something to it. It'll make you feel good.

~sm

Edited by Guest

I added several things (and even added info for something you added, StoneMtn), but I feel pretty much the same as I did before. Mind you, I was feeling pretty good before, so maybe if you're already feeling good, adding events can't make you feel that much better.

Aloha,

Brad

Ya, p.p. the interface right now is kind of lame. You have to click on one of the dates on the calendar that is highlighted, meaning there's a show already inputted there. You will then go to a screen that lets you check out other months and dates.

I have already registered my complaint about this lame interface with the management :)

...and BradM, I think you nailed your problem on its head, too. You were probably already on one of your manically awesome highs when you posted to the calendar. Try posting on a dreary, foggy day when you are particularly stressed at work. You'll see ... you'll feel much better after you do.

And then even when you go in and click another month, you don't get to see the whole calender, you just what's happening at every hour of that day. I don't know anything about computer programing, but I do know how to look things up and add things. All this system needs in order to be usable by me is to be able to browse every month the same way as the current month.

Yeah, it's not that intuitive of an interface for shows. There is a better tool for viewing here.

http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showforum.php?fid/68/

I didn't develop the code on this site and I don't know php well enough to modify it much. When this was a .NET site, I had developed the entire shows interface and it was great.

If I could find the time, I'd like to do the same thing with the current codebase.

Okay, it's pretty cumbersome, but this is what I just did, and it worked:

I went to the calendar.

I clicked on a date in May that was highlighted, and that took me to a screen with drop-down menus, and I changed May to June, and then clicked on "Jump to".

That took me to a particular date in June.

After that, I then clicked on "Calendar Index", and the screen re-loaded showing all of June.

I agree, though, that this interface sux.