Jambands.ca

Ipod's and FM Transmitter/Reciever

rubberdinghy

only the VERY latest iPods support gapless, and to be honest, the gap was never a big deal. It's not like the 2 sec gap on cd's when you forget to do disc-at-once burns.

the iTrip that I have and have offered to dinghy for free when I find it is a pain to setup, but once you have a station, your gold for a while.

iPod's rock in my opinion. I have 2 (one from that free ipod scam a couple of years ago) and sharon has a nano. They work great and we can plug them into almost anything. I have a cable at work so I can provide entertainment in our boardroom office function/fests.

The iPod speaker system is actually a fantastic system to use with an ipod as well. I just think Apple has done everything right, and as soon as they do away with DRM, the iTunes Music Store will be unbeatable. BTW, the Beatles may end up DRM-free on iTunes very soon!

I don't think the ipod sucks at all...

There are a lot of reasons to choose the ipod over it's competitors...

One major reason is the availability of aftermarket accessories like car adapters, speakers, cases, batteries, software etc...No other mp3 on the market has even a tenth of the available accessories...And now that the ipod has been around for awhile, a lot of those accessories can be found really inexpensively...You can buy a silicone case for the ipod for two bucks in some places...Reliable car chargers can be found for ten bucks...Things like Matias' iPod Armour (easily the most durable mp3 player case on the market) just don't exist for any other mp3 player...

Almost all of the new features of the 5G mk2 are available in the original 5G but I think you have to do a firmware update (which is always scary if you use a lot of 3rd party accessories since you never know whether or not they'll still work afterwards)...

Also of note: the Dennison Ice Link is only $50 at futureshop because they're clearing them out...They are regularly somewhere around $250...The only ones left are for Panasonic stereos so get 'em while you still can Panasonic users!