Jambands.ca

"Ottawa is a cesspool"

AD

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's entirely unfortunate that the crack pipe program was canned. It's only a matter of time until those addicts start banging coke. that's going to be quite the sight.

I've walked around the Lower East Side (van) a bit this week and it's very apparent that people are smoking crack. When I was in Ottawa the last couple fo times the street population was rough around the edges and I was pitched by both dealers and prostitutes ('you got 30 bucks'? Ottawa...what meagerly priced prostitutes you have)

Vancouver has an entirely serious problem. Ottawa is a problem waiting to happen. If low rental units are kept out of a centralized location then these folks will stick to the burbs and cause an entirely different, under-the-surface problem.

At ground zero (main and Hastings) there are white lines painted on the sidewalk. this is the corner where you can sell drugs...well not eactly, but for the most part, yes. It's pretty obvious all around that part of downtown that there's a whole lot of underground commerce and the Police seem to be far too reserved for the general public.

We have a safe injection site that has really cleaned up the sidewalks and alleys. It's been months since I've seen a rig. I still see the wrappers and water units every so often (it still happens ALL AROUND TOWN) but nobody's strung out in a slump on the sidewalk.

Ottawa is a friendly, pretty, pretty smelling city with a few rotting abcesses. It's like a supermodel with a meth sore. Great place to party and have a great chat.

Somebody take her to the doctor though. eventually people won't want to look at her anymore and she isn't really saying that much that anybody's really listening to.