Jambands.ca

Black Mountain Tonight - Toronto (Oct.5th)

bONES

• 1 month later...
We are excited to announce we will be touring North America again for the first time in almost two years this fall of 2007. After the North American tour we will be heading over to the UK and Europe -- dates will be announced soon. The new album is called "In The Future", and it is coming out on Jagjaguwar in January of 2008.

We're gonna load the van with a very special tour-only 12-inch release featuring two new songs, "Bastards of Light" and "Thirteen Walls", that you can't get anywhere else and that won't be on "In The Future". You'll have to come say hello or convince your friend to buy one then steal it off them after they pass out to get the 12-inch. There will be a digital coupon that will become active on November 13, providing a preview of "In The Future". It is our's and Jagjaguwar's ham-fisted way of giving the first introduction of the new album to friends and fans who came out to the shows. The record sleeve also doubles as a tent!

Supporting us for most of the North American tour-dates will be the Cave Singers, our good friends from Seattle, who are releasing their excellent debut called "Invitation Songs" on Matador on September 25.

Swim before it starts raining,

Black Mountain

jag90prev4.jpg

BLACK MOUNTAIN

IN THE FUTURE

1. Stormy High

2. Angels

3. Tyrants

4. Wucan

5. Stay Free

6. Queens Will Play

7. Evil Ways

8. Wild Wind

9. Bright Lights

10. Night Walks

I am really looking forward to this show on Friday.

Is anyoen else planning on going?

I do believe I will check it out! Does no tix at Rotate This = the show is sold out? Can I just show up?

SO last night I walk up to The Boat in Kensington for a brew pop and discovered there was a private party going on, a Black Mountain private party. I wasn't on the list so I couldn't go in, they said to come back at 11.. We made it back at more like 12:30 and walked right in. Wish we went back earlier though: Andre Ethier opened and then BM played. (We missed the live tunes unfortunately) Open bar, free fish and chips and other foodstuffs!! The event was hosted by some local clothing company, a strange collaboration if you ask me (???).

Edited by Guest

I do believe I will check it out! Does no tix at Rotate This = the show is sold out? Can I just show up?

SO last night I walk up to The Boat in Kensington for a brew pop and discovered there was a private party going on, a Black Mountain private party. I wasn't on the list so I couldn't go in, they said to come back at 11.. We made it back at more like 12:30 and walked right in. Wish we went back earlier though: Andre Ethier opened and then BM played. (We missed the live tunes unfortunately) Open bar, free fish and chips and other foodstuffs!! The event was hosted by some local clothing company, a strange collaboration if you ask me (???).

:( thanks for the phone call ya bugger ;)

I don't have a ticket either..haha

I've been stoked about this show since forever and yet I couldn't get my act (or ambition) together to go d/t to Rotate This and buy a ticket!

I plan on going early (like 9 o'clock)

there are a couple opening bands

:

w/ the Cave Singers and Oakley Hall

I am hoping Lightning Dust are also on the bill (they open tomorrow night in Montreal..so maybe)

Thought I'd throw in some thoughts/commentary on this night:

- Sold out show!

- The highlight of the night for me was opening band OAKLEY HALL from nyc. This ~7 person band rocked, had soul, good male/female harmonies, and a country folk psychedelic flavour. I'll definitely be seeing them again. I bought their new disc and its good. Some of you may have seen them open for Bright Eyes at Massey Hall in the Spring.

- Bones was a no show. :(

- Black Mountain sounded good but I wasn't into it. The main problem was that the music was WAYYY too damn loud, and it was too crowded to squeeze into the "sweet spot" in the middle where the volume might have been a bit more bearable. I also wasn't particularly in the mood that night for their dark sound. They were like a mix of Jefferson Airplane and The Unintended. Above all though it was too damn loud and crowded.. So after a while:

- I wandered a few doors down to The Rivoli and caught the last 2 songs of the GTB show. Good to see them again and the one new tune I heard sounded solid.