Jambands.ca

ottawa firefighters

phorbesie

got an email reply. i hope i've contacted the right people though. i always get calls for hockey games and such, i don't recall a magic show...

I apologize for the phone calls. We do use a telemarketing company to do our annual magic show. If you get me the phone numbers these phone calls are coming in on I will have them removed from the phone list. They use a computer to phone 30,000 at once, so I have 29,999 who get dead air time.

This is a telemarketing company that gives a small % to charity and keeps the rest. They are very good at what they do. They suck people into working for free. Also sell tickets to the police/firefighters shriners circus. Watch for there add in the classifieds. They had a office on Antares- a room with desks and phones.

I worked for a charity out west that I thought was a good cause, until I did some math one day after noticing the sketchy show up for 5 minutes a day general manager was driving a new Jaguar and wearing $600 sun glasses

we would ask for funds to print and deliver coloring/activity books to kids in local hospitals... sounds great... only problem, any given day each of the 30 people manning the phones would bring in a minimum of hundreds to a max of several thousand dollars in donations (bonuses for $10,000 received by a phone person weren't unheard of)... average printing cost on super cheap paper for a coloring/activity book was roughly 30 cents...

so where were they finding these millions of children requiring coloring/activity books while stuck in the hospital? am sure there were other costs involved but regardless am pretty positive that after their first week in business every hospitalized kid on the lower mainland should've been swimming in coloring books (they'd been operating for 3 years)

buyer beware