Jambands.ca

The Sadies at the Casbah tomorrow night!

edger

I want to apologize to you all for the Garth Hudson result.

When The Sadies arrived at soundcheck, Travis pulled me aside with the words "I'm not sure Garth is going to make it. At 3pm we was still in Woodstock but says he's determined to get here for the set".

Apologies. Eventhough I received confirmation from the powers that be, perhaps it would've been best to let it be a surprise that Garth was to play.

I want to apologize to you all for the Garth Hudson result.

Apology accepted! Thanks for a fantastic night of music anyway! The Sadies rock! Surfer Rock-a-billy at it's best. I cannot believe that they closed with Astronomy Domine and Lucifer Sam. I'm a huge old school Pink Floyd fan and that made my night!

Yup, the Sadies rocked. Good crowd, GREAT sound. It was nice to finally get to hear some of their new material. Real bummer about Hudson, but I was planning on coming out either way, so it wasn't that big of a deal for me.

I thought the opening band was good too. They were SUPER tight, and hard driving. Not sure exactly how I would describe their sound... at first they almost reminded me of the Ramones a little bit, but that's not really an accurate/comprehensive descriptor...

I enjoyed all of the extra space in the Casbah last night as well. Makes sense to remove those tables out of there that used to be in the front of the room (for packed shows anyways)... a little more breathing room, which this pregnant lady (who likes to dance) appreciates.