Jambands.ca

the slip

lsamuel3

these last few posts have inspired me to dust off the big book today.. ;)

so far, i've rocked out to 04.29.00, and currently getting killed by 10.26.02... i'll put up some sendspace links a little later - it'll just take a bit to rip'n'upload.

04/29/2000: Founder's Day, Vassar College: Poughkeepsie, NY

Set I: Wolof*, Honey Melon*, Johnny's Tune, Nellie Jean, Yellow Medicine>Dogs on Bikes

Encore: Moral Decay

Notes: *w2 djimbe players from a band that played earlier in the day from Guinea (W. Africa) ]:

10/26/2002: SLO Brewing Company: San Luis Obispo, CA

Set I: Planet of Inexperience*, Nellie Jean> Aptos, The Nashua Rose, Rhythm-a-Ning

Set II: Drum 'n' Bass Mouthharp Jam> Get Me with Fuji> Jumpin' Jack Flash> Else!, intro jam (~7 min)> Mr. Meowskers> Soft Warm Simple Wonder

Encore: Dogs > Without Me > On Bikes#

Notes: Ted Kartzman: Monday, October 28, 2002 - * New Marc instrumental; similar vein to Clementine/Driving Backwards ! Sweet Built to Spill cover tune. # Brad says " you better watch yoself" a few times. [Full Eminem jam as requested by D???]

:)

well, here ya go... the ice cream truck:

disc 1

disc 2

disc 3

an old-school slip one-setter with lots of fire - personally love the moral decay encore.

great show with lots of crunch. wicked surprise at the end of soft warm simple wonder, too - maybe the first "Proud"? its not in the set notes, but thats definitely what became proud - earliest i've heard/seen. something for the slip geeks... ;)