Jambands.ca

Ottawa shows this Fall

DevO

ALso:

NICK CAVE in Ottawa! I think it might even be tonight, if not then its this weekend.. BUT -- he is only reading, not playing music.

THE LAST WALTZ -- is being screened at the ByTowne cinema.. Once at the end of Sept and once at the beginning of Oct I believe. Sorry for the lack of precise info! Don't know about you guys, but this is the first time I've EVER seen the Last Waltz being screened at any cinema anywhere, ever.

ALso:

NICK CAVE in Ottawa! I think it might even be tonight, if not then its this weekend.. BUT -- he is only reading, not playing music.

Cave has a new book out, The Death Of Bummy Munro, and one of the events is

7pm, 17th September: The Ottawa Writers Festival presents Nick Cave in conversation with poet David O'Meara, Saint Brigid's Centre for the Arts and Humanities. Tel: (613) 5621243
THE LAST WALTZ -- is being screened at the ByTowne cinema.. Once at the end of Sept and once at the beginning of Oct I believe. Sorry for the lack of precise info! Don't know about you guys, but this is the first time I've EVER seen the Last Waltz being screened at any cinema anywhere, ever.

According to

http://www.bytowne.ca/cgi-bin/film-descript.cgi?film_id=LAS005

it's being screened on Monday, September 28, at 9:20pm, and Tuesday, September 29, at 4:10pm.

Aloha,

Brad

The Fast Romantics, Secret Broadcast, The Ascot Royals, Rainbow Bistro, Sept. 16

This will be a cool show, the first two bands are from Calgary and go over well at The Ho, you Ottawan Indie Pop lovers (AD) will dig it. Ascot Royals look fun too.

Anyone checking this out tonight?

Aretha Franklin makes her Ottawa debut November 8th at the NAC.

Presale is Wednesday at noon, password: Queen

Thanks Velvet. Just ordered tix for my GF and her mom. I'm not going - Metallica (and hopefully Phish, if those rumored dates are true) will be my concerts for November.

Ticketmaster only allowed me to only order the top dollar tickets in the pre-sale. The total came to $147/ticket. Ouch! Great seats though.