Jambands.ca

Nov. 14 PJC - DJ Logic w/ GTB

secondtube

wow this thread certainly brought out the drama...

thanks for the back up willy, even though its not necessary....jay, you followed by slamming willy....

willy is a good guy...its ok not to love nero.

still not sure how nero got mentioned in this thread....

but i think my intentions are clear...attend every good show at PJC and have great time; and dont worry about justifying why you may or may not like something...

[big Grin]

i pulled a project logic cd outta my roommates collection last night, to have a listen... alas, no cd. it was taken in the great cd heist of 2002. therefore, i have not formed an opinion.

i like grand theft bus... they especially rocked the cold snowy may 24 last year... and on occasion since then.

willy is a wanker, but no one said thats a bad thing [big Grin]

One thing I've learned about my own musical tastes - and maybe this may apply to some of you - is there doesn't have to be consistency in what I dig and don't dig. I may like one band for a particular set of reasons and not like another band for the same set of reasons. "Hey Marc, if you like The New Deal, you'll also enjoy _______ and ______ !" Uh..... no. Doesn't always fit the formula. I'm sure this has happened to all of you.

So maybe secondtube finds something in DJ Logic's approach to music that appeals to him and a similar approach by another artist doesn't do it for him. Doesn't mean he's being inconsistenet - ok, well maybe it does, but the point is, in such a subjective environment, it doesn't matter (bug!).

My $0.02. [Wink]

A wanker am I? Well of course I am! [big Grin]

It's there and it's fun, why not play with it?!

Looking forward to seeing DJ Logic. That's pretty strange for me. The only DJ I've been really impressed with is Kid Koala. Well, I shouldn't say impressed with. The only DJ that has managed to appeal to me musically is Kid Koala. However, from what I've heard of DJ Logic, this is going to be a real treat.

logic and kid koala are both interesting djs, but there are others too...

dj vadim is currently touring thru ontario:

fri 31 - london - call the office

sat 1 - toronto - el mo

sun 2 - guelph - trash

mon 3 - hamilton - underground

wed 5 - ptbo - trash (see ya there)

thur, fri, sat 5,6,7 - kingston, ottawa, montreal: elixir, babylon, sala rossa. respectively [smile]

mr. scruff is a great dj to keep your eyes out for. lots more too... especially funky on the ninjatune/moWax labels.

dmc competitions are fun to check out too... every spring, hiphop dj's skratch and battle in cities across the country...

music for wankers. [big Grin]

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I went to Vadim in Peterborough, it was f'n wicked. They got me movin' faster than I do at most other shows! I posted a bunch more about it in another thread (search if interested)

That's weird that the Hamilton show got cancelled. Shows like that, I think more people are just gonna show up at the door to pay rather than buy in advance. I think it was the Underground's call, not Vadim's. I heard Vadim & crew didn't care really, as they still got their guarantee and got a good night's rest to boot.

Archived