Jambands.ca

bonnaroo 2011 now onsale

TimmyB

I disagree...... The site is the big difference.

Lolla is basically in a city park and you get to go back to an expensive hotel. Music ends at normal concert curfew times.

Roo is a survivalists game. Over night jams, on site camping, a total freak show once the sun goes down.

Coachella is a hybrid of the two above IMO.

Those European festivals all have their ups and downs too- but I don't have any experience with them. Some have camping, others just have mud; some feature techno pop bands, the others feature techno pop indie bands.

I should have been more specific ... I was referring to the lineup. 'Roo stopped catering to us years ago

That's interesting since I have loved every bonnaroo lineup from start all the way through.

Definitely some years I have enjoyed more than others. But to me they have always been solid, from 2002 to 2010.

So I guess when you refer to "us" I must fall under "them" then.

BTW It was sweet to hear the Flaming Lips perform 'Dark Side of the Moon' front to back late night at the Which Stage this past year.

Peace,

Tim

PS I can't believe the presale is already soldout!

'us' is jamband fans. Bonnaroo is so much more mass market than it was when it started. Admittedly it's because there's not very much money in jam bands anymore.

I still dig the line up every year, but on paper there's nothing that makes Bonnaroo stand out from the others, anymore. IMO

'us' is jamband fans. Bonnaroo is so much more mass market than it was when it started. Admittedly it's because there's not very much money in jam bands anymore.

I still dig the line up every year, but on paper there's nothing that makes Bonnaroo stand out from the others, anymore. IMO

It's true they are a far more diverse fest now than they were in the beginning, but to be honest, it's nice to have the variety when you're there. To much noodle makes Brian a something something...

Plus, who wants to see Widespread play every fucking year... or at all for that matter.

I have to agree with that. I don't mind seeing Widespread Panic once in a while but twice at one bonnaroo hurts the festival big time. And when they close the festival on the Sunday the crowd is half gone before they're half finished.

Peace,

Tim