Jambands.ca

Old Crow Medicine Show CDN dates

dave-O

I don't think this has been posted, just caught my eye...

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Boyce Farmers Market w/ opener Shakey Graves - SOLD OUT

Fredericton, New Brunswick CANADA

Friday, May 31, 2013

Olympic Hall w/ opener Shakey Graves

Halifax, Nova Scotia CANADA

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Acadia University Convocation Hall w/ opener Matt Andersen - SOLD OUT

Wolfville, Nova Scotia CANADA

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Murphy's Community Centre w/ opener Shakey Graves

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island CANADA

Monday, June 3, 2013

Membertou Trade & Convention Center w/ opener Shakey Graves

Sydney, Nova Scotia CANADA

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Le Cercle

Quebec City, QC - CANADA

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre

Montreal, QC - CANADA

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Ale House

Kingston, ON - CANADA

Friday, August 23, 2013

Danforth Music Hall

Toronto, ON - CANADA

Yes was SO excited to hear they were playing the Danforth, but alas, the same night as the beginning of Simcoe Stopover. Guess I'll just have to wait til the Saturday night to see them. Danforth would have been a splendid venue to see them tho. Too bad they aren't doing a show in St. Johns Nfld, I suspect they would have liked the city and be well received.

It should not be understated that these fuckers are playing Wolfville NS.

Dave-O, you have no idea how happy I am about this! I live 4 minutes away from the place.

The only draw back is that I'm pretty sure they won't be selling booze at the venue, which means I'll have to get sort of creative. But still, Wolfville!!!

Ya folks back home are pretty pumped for OCMS. I half debated heading home for it but it sold out so quickly.

Still can't picture people gettin' down to bluegrass in Convocation Hall, wild!

I think it will be a weird mix of people and a lot of golf clapping. First of all, from my experience, the bluegrass fan base out here is very old. Like I'm talking seniors easily 65+. Secondly, it seems that Wagon Wheel is played by every single performer in every single bar and that a lot of people going have no idea what the rest of their stuff is like. At least that's the vibe I get from those I've talked to.

Either way, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap, good times! Matt Anderson lived up to the hype. If you ever get a chance to see him check him out, he's tons of fun. Apparently he just moved to Wolfville too, so I'd expect I'll be seeing a lot more of him.

OCMS was terrific, despite the venue being hot as hell and having no bar (do the organizers not want my money???). They went above and beyond the learning of local history that would be expected of such a band, busting out Wilf Carter's "When It's Apple Blossom Time in Annapolis Valley" which pretty much brought down the house (the concert took place on the Saturday of the Apple Blossom Festival).

All in all it was a super fun show but the highlight of the night came when Corey and Gill from the band showed up at the same random house party the wife and I had stumbled upon about an hour earlier. I felt like a school girl at a Beiber concert! Haha, but seriously, they were cool guys and it was a sweet way to spend a birthday.

Edited by Guest