Jambands.ca

Off the Beaten Path in PEI?

Hal Johnson

Hey Folks,

Looking to take the family (wife & two kids) to PEI for a vacation this summer. Did some research and it looks like Cavendish is the place to go, but it also looks a little "touristy". We will definitely spend a couple of nigths there for the kids sake, but would love to know of any other awesome beaches/campgrounds/provincial parks to visit that are more the hidden gems, if you will. Thanks!

BTW, for any of you disc golf enthusiasts, I will be playing in a tourney at Hillcrest Farms which is supposed to be one of the nicest courses in Canada. Can't wait!

If you are in a camper you can camp right at the northern tip of the island, behind the info centre and among all the windmills. The sea is right outside your door and there's seals and rocks and oceany stuff.

If you're in a tent I think you can't.

Edited by Guest

Oh hey, sorry I'm late!

I love being on PEI in the summer, but sadly I am a terrible tourist guide because I work most of the time. However, if you are in the Cavendish area, we should meet up for a beer at least. Maybe you can slip away to watch a Jays game at the cottage with me some evening?

I'll drop you a line with some contact info.