Jambands.ca

Whats your favourite Phish set 2 and encore?

PassedOutGuy

I've been listening to that Roses>Piper alot lately. Some respected heads think it's one of their best jams ever. I could see why but it is hard to get your head around cause it's so ambient. Kind of like the Bangor Tweezer that was impossible to wrap your head around. That would be my bet then 11/02/94 Bangor cause I can only go by shows I've seen. But on that note Sugarbush '94 deserves the vote for the most archetyple clean second set.

Tough one???? are you kidding?!---Millenium party!! (don't even need an encore!)

another obvious one for me might be:

11/22/97 Hampton Coliseum - Hampton, VA

Set 2: Halley's Comet > Tweezer > Black Eyed Katy > Piper > Run Like An Antelope, E: Bouncing Around The Room, Tweezer Reprise

here's another one:

04/04/98 Providence Civic Center - Providence, RI

Set 2: Birds of a Feather > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Brother, Ghost > Lizards, David Bowie, E: Harry Hood

best one I was @ ithink (other than millenium):

12/30/98 Madison Square Garden - New York City, NY

Set 2: Down With Disease, Piper**, Prince Caspian#, The Squirming Coil## > Slave to the Traffic Light, E: Grind^, Possum^^

Comment: ** - white chiffon-clad nymphs/fairies, who had been running around the Garden throughout the night, appeared on stage # - different, jammed-out ending ## - without traditional Page-solo ending (they instead segued in to an ambient-style jam); fairies/nymphs appeared on stage again, this time hiding behind Page's setup, the amps, and Fish's kit ^ - first time played (never-recorded song originally written for the album "Billy Breathes"; Trey joked about it being a "new, but old" song, and this being its "world debut"); with Tom Marshall on vocals; only about 2 minutes long; dedicated to a man put into a wheelchair by a lacrosse accident ^^ - with "Wipeout" quote/jam; stop/start soloing by Fish, Mike, Trey/Page, and then the audience; fairies/nymphs appeared on stage topless.

2/20/93

Wilson > Reba, Tweezer -> Walk Away ->Tweezer > Glide > Mike's Song -> My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own -> Mike's Song > I am Hydrogen -> Kung -> I am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove -> Have Mercy ->Weekapaug Groove -> Rock and Roll all Nite Jam -> Weekapaug Groove, Fast Enough for You > Big Ball Jam > HYHU > Terrapin > HYHU -> Harry Hood, Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Sleeping Monkey

By the way I have lost my copy of this show, if anyone knows where I can get this show again it would be greatly appreciated. shocked.gif" border="0

I have to agree with 4/3/98. GREAT SET. Probable my favorite set of Phish. To seem a little more indepndent, I will throw in the following:

06-17-94 Eagles Auditorium, Milwaukee, WI

Run OJ run!!!!

2001>Sample>Poor Heart>Mike's>Simple>Mike's>, Hydrogen>Weekapaug, Harpua>Kung>Harpua,

Sparkle>BBJ>Julius, Frankenstein

and

05-07-94 The Bomb Factory, Dallas, TX

Loving Cup, Sparkle, Tweezer-> Sparks-> Makisupa Policeman-> Sweet Emotion-> Walk Away-> Cannonball-> Purple Rain-> HYHU-> Tweezer Reprise

Both VERY FUN sets!

Archived