Jambands.ca

two great nights of BNB

PassedOutGuy

The Peterborough show was smokin hot! I mean hot.. drenched in sweat from dancin our asses off from the opening notes till the end of the 5? song encore... brief bit of sleep off to Toronto to what i will now call the greatest small music venue in all the city! The Church at Berkely! Holds up to about a thousand i believe but was a spectacular place... huge balcony all the way around the top with ample dancing space... wicked light show as well... they had a guest trumpet player sit in during the first set and next thing i know im listening to Miles Davis in the late 60's early 70's... the fusion was thick and insane! Wasnt able to stick around for the whole show this night but i feel totally rejuvinated (sp?) after some great music and good times with lots of kind phriends!

Peterborough set 1

Waves

Rockford Files

Anna Banana

Yellow Pants

Permit Collector

TV

set2?

encore:emporers new clothes

something crazy??

Church (best venue in the world)

Set1

Speedbump

Permit Collector

some bluegrassy tune

Yellow Pants

Palace Moon

Wild Rice

Set2

Chevron

Words

Funkin Shoes

TV

enc:

waves

rockford files>

cat scratch fever>

rockford files

Some sort of wicked Pink Floyd laser lightshow at the Church was the best Ive seen short of Dead, Phish, and Pink Floyd.

Church, best venue in the world. From the nice ambiance, upstairs lounge and balcony, outside patio/garden, and bouncy floors. Sweet......

The Church is the best place I can think of and - by the way - the BNB show there on Friday was the best show I've ever seen them play. They were tight, professional and focused and simultaneously loose, experimental and challenging. And a Cat Scratch fever encore makes you feel good!

I can't even begin to tell you the difference in BNB since I first starting seeing them a couple of years ago..last summer at Port Burwell I was absolutely blown away and couldn't believe it was the same band I'd been seeing all along. The show at The Church was way trippy & far out..good venue..but here's a question..is anyone else noticing that BNB is sounding moe and moe like moe. ? Maybe its just a vibe I'm picking up on...

How do they expect me to work. All my mind can think of is, how good BnB were on Thursday and Friday, and how I can get to the next show. All aboard...............

Yes, and how their light show at the Church was more and more like Pink Floyds....

The other thing that was funny was the guy running the lightshow from the second floor had the setlist written down right next to him. It was weird knowing exactly what they were supposed to play for set 2 . However, I was a good boy and didn't tell anybody. The band did switch it up, as they were supposed to play Stop28 for the first encore but did not.

One other funny note. As soon as they started playing Cat Scratch Fever this one guy told said "lock and load" and then Brian thought it was so funny, he literaly fell on the floor laughing.

In Peterborough there were cops all over our Motel parking lot, when we left for the show and when we got back. Blair went out to get a comment from an cop (who wishes to remain unidentified) on his opinion of the Motel we were staying at for the new Phish Sanctuary accomodation reviews.

Blair: What kind of place is this?

OPP Officer: Its a shithole!

hahahahaha, we laughed forever about that.

Hey, does anybody else remember what they said to start the second set before going into Chevron.

Was it something like this-

"We are babilou, we can go anywhere"

Hhahahahahahah, anybody know what that means? I'll I know is that we enjoyed yelling that out the car window at people for the rest of our weekend travels.

08/17/01 - The Church at Berkely - Toronto, Ont (The Summer Ball)

I. Speedbump, Permit Collector, The Bench >Yellow Pants, Be As One*,Palace Moon, Wild Rice > Jack Lumber

II. Chevron, Words Are Cures, Funkin' Shoes, Watching TV That No One Else Could See, Colleen Cabage Soup, L > Taken Back

Encore: Waves, Rockford Files > Cat Scratch Fever > Rockford Fils

* w/ Scott Farmer on trumpet and Lowell Binstock on percussion

Archived