Jambands.ca

New Wheels

Ms.Huxtable

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up a used bicycle. I just want a beater to get back and forth with and not care if it's stolen. I would prefer it to have a basket or rack so that I can carry stuff on it. I don't have mucho deniro so bargains are most welcome. Ideas?

Thanks!!!

rayspin.gif

(For those of you who feel I have wasted your time with such a question, I offer you entertainment in the form of a magic, spinning ball... enjoy!)

...cool spinning ball..Sharin go to Berts on the corner of Bronson and Sommersette..near our place..in a house on Bronson..1 or 2 houses South of Sommersette..he should have a sign up..in the winter he does 'Berts scates and x-mas trees but I bet he's back into bike mode by now..good luck! yeah get a beater and then U won't B so bummed when it gets ripped off..I had 2 ripped off last summer! grin.gif" border="0

Yup! I got me a purdy new bicycle. 3 speeds of pure speed! Double B came by to check out my new wheels and said "Hey my mom had that same bike when I was a little boy". That's right pholks - a Woman's 1979, Canadian Tire special in metalic blue! I'm gonna cover the rust with phish stickers and get a couple pom poms for the handle bars. No one's gonna steal this bad boy. Yee Haw!!!

Guest Low Roller

So I'm just innocently sitting at a breakfast place on Bronson when I see Ms. Huxtable roll by on a bike.

See? Message boards do come true!

I ended up purchasing this beauty from Dave's Used Bikes on Catherine at Percy Street. They even have a web page .

Great guys there. Along with the bike, rack, helmet and lock, I got practical street advise, advise against theft, advise on how to deal with "asshole cops laying bogus charges on cyclists" and many stickers including "One less car", "Death penalty for bike theives", and my personal favorite "Cyclists pump harder!"

How much for such a sweet package? $120.00 grin.gif" border="0

Thank you. Thank you very much!

I enjoyed their website (why? i dunno) i did like this part

"and don’t bring your stolen bike here “ever” . we don’t want to see it or help you with parts or even talk to you about it . someone who would steal someone’s only means of transportation is the lowest of the lows. Get a life. People with bicycles have a life. They enjoy summer and getting out and doing things.

DEATH PENALTY FOR BICYCLE THIEFS

"

is it near the pretoria bridge? if so my friend use to work in that shop way back for years when it was a different bike shop.