Jambands.ca

Question of the Day

h

Just on the same subject as Akrons post

What is the best bad movie you've ever seen?

3247.GIF" align="leftmine is CYBORG -- it is the bomb - jean claude vandame is a cyborg in the future after a virus has wiped out most of the population - the villan is the best - soooo cheesy campy i loved it - check it out someday if you like that type of thing

Good morning h,

there are so many great bad movies that its quite difficult to narrow it down. However I must say that for sentimental reasons one of my all time fav's has got to be "Kiss Meets the Phantom". Do you know it? It's made in the mid to late 70's, takes place in an old Coney Island style amusement park. Kiss is sorta the house band for the park. This mad scientist, who I think is actually played by Vincent Price creates robot type replicas of each of the Kiss guys. And of course they are evil twins!! Each with special evil powers! Its so bad, but it came out when I was a huge Kiss fan. On a side note I can still see my mom busting my Kiss Alive album over her knee like it was yesterday! Rock and Roll all Night kids! grin.gif" border="0

yes akron i do know it! my older brother was a big kiss fan in the 70s, so i think i might have actually been watching it when it was first released! ha ha - haven't seen it since then though, i should check it out. i just watched the "story of kiss" on mmm the other night and was given gene simmons book for my bday a couple of weeks ago. wink.gif" border="0

Hmmm... That's a tough one.

Like I said, the Campy Batman movie was pretty... well... campy, but I'm sure I've seen worse that I thuroughly enjoyed....

Plan 9 from outer space is pretty horrific. But that's kinda cliché. It was voted the worst movie ever by several parties.

Stapes and I watched a movie a little while ago called "They Might Be Giants" (not to be confused with the band by the same name). It starred George C. Scott as a crazy guy who thought he was Sherlock Holmes. It was... well, words can't describe. It might be hard to find.

And then there's CHUD... If you don't know it, I'll let you discover that little jewel on your own... grin.gif" border="0

Guest Low Roller

Boondock Saints is an AWESOME movie!!! I highly recommend it for everybody! And here's a little back-story on it:

When the writer was pitching the movie around, some giant studio offered to cast Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt as the two main characters so they could make BILLIONS!!! The writer told them to eat a dick, and instead cast two real actors through a smaller studio. You see, the writer wanted the story to drive the movie, not the name power.

Of course in a fit of jealous rage, the rejected giant studio flexed its muscle and impeded the movie's release in the movie theatre, hence the virtual obscurity of it.

The filming was done in Montreal, and it seriously rocks. I can't recommend it enough... good bad movie indeed... pfff... wink.gif" border="0

Guest Low Roller

Mortal Kombat and Replacement Killers are two terrible movies that I thought were quite good. But the hands down winner of best terrible movie is Independance Day. Bill Pullman as the US president?! Ahahahaha!!! A US president that actually sees combat??!?!! That's even a bigger joke.

boondocks saints is retarded. all my friends loved it to. but it was like a team of underacheiving 5th graders wrote it. willem dafoe is ridiculous. it's cheesy and the bad kind of cheesy. i have a feeling that brad pitt and tom cruise have better things to do with their time then put on bad irish accents and memorize this joke of a script...

The 7 faces of Dr. Lao!! This is my favourite movie of all time, but I think I am alone on this one. I tried to get GM to watch it once, but to no avail. Its an old Tony Randall film (60's I think) and his character is a chinaman. If you can get past this aspect it is a great film. Very original, but probably not for everyone.

i dunno if u can classify it as "bad" cause it's just soooo f%$king wicked -THE OMEGA MAN!!!!!!!!! charlton heston is the last man left alive on earth after some kind of plague and he is left to fight off these flesh-eating zombie-types- and it just so happens that he finds one single woman left alive- and it's cicely tyson!!!!!!!!!!!!! miles must have been pissed...