Jambands.ca

In Stores Today: New Allman Brothers CD!!

Jaimoe

Even without Dickie, I'll be buying " Hittin' The Note " today, some time before work. I " still " have a hard time calling this incarnation of the band, the ABB ( often I refer to them as Greg Allman & Friends ), but any album with Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks kickin' out blues rock is worth checking out. Rolling Stone liked this album so I'm interested ( although RS rates almost every new CD with at least 3 stars ). I'll have my own review of this album by the end of next week.

I too will be picking this one up, hopefully today. I had it preordered through the local cd store so he better have it for me. I am expecting it too be very good. Most if not all of the material on it has found its way into the live sets ABB has been playing since Warren rejoined, so it is hard for me to think of it as "new" music, but it is still damn good stuff. A must have for ABB fans. Now all we need is a Toronto date this summer. [Cool]

Well I've listened to the whole album and to say that I'm impressed would be an understatement. Since I'll be posting my full review early next week, I'll give you all a brief one for now:

This album really smokes. Great songs, passionate and creative jams fuelled by guitar harmonies really make this album shine. If you like the Allmans albums of the " Seven Turns to Back Where It All Begins " era, race out and get this release. It's just as good or maybe even better. " Hittin' The Note " almost succeeded in making me forget about Dickie Betts.

Oh the joy of living in a small town! I preordered the new ABB a month ago, went to pick it up yesterday, and was told by the store owner he wouldnt have it until later in the week because he didnt have a big enough order to justify shipping costs from his supplier. What a piss off! Living outside the city has some advantages but when it comes to music, forget about it.

Jaimoe,

I know where you work dude...why did you have to buy the cd?

That's like one of the few perks in our line of business.

Although my asshole PD/MD is really fucking slow to get me Round Room. But he did get me the newest Sonic Youth disc and the past few WSP cds.

Just curious my man...I gotta get into CHUM. A friend of mine is trying to squeeze me in down in Windsor.

Ever hang with some of your less visual friends in the company? (i.e. radio peeps?)

I've been listening to the cover of the Stones "Heart of Stone" over and over. I have to say I'm really impressed they put out such a great album. Mind you I think a lot of it has to do with Warren Haynes, I couldn't imagine this album without Warren playing or without his songs.

Archived