Jambands.ca

A different kind of Sausage McMuffin

doubleB

First off, last nights Muffin was the best Muffin I have heard in a long time. I think the band played extra good, with extra soul.... hit me with music!

As good as the show was, the most fun we had was after the show on Bank St. It seems that some drunken Royal Oak patron had decided to give the bar a streak! All in good fun I'm sure, but Ottawa's finest decided to arrest him and the shit hit the fan. The barrage of BOOOO'S from both sides of the street must have freaked the cop out and she must have made quite a distress call. Within minutes there were more cops, then more, then more, each car arriving to sacastic rounds of applause from the drunks on either side of the street. Within 5 minutes Bank St. was shut down with no less than a dozen cruisers and 20 cops.... all for 1 naked dude..... WoW

Quote of the night

"were all a bunch of sausages flappin in the wind"

Stapes

hmm, although it's sad - it does make me think how lucky i am to live in an area where those 20 cops didnt start beating the shit out of everyone eh?

actually makes me feel REALLY happy, seems to me once they got into a potentially dangerous situation (too many cops) the force handled it well - didnt panick and start clubbing didnt decideit was necessary to "disperse the crowd" etc.

The last song Raggamuffin played was a massive Redemption Song sing-along, we walked out of that bar full of love....

I think the cops could tell we were just having fun and were no threat.... except Sloth of course, who was the only one the cops had to address specificaly..... [Wink]

That was just too much fun. RaggaMuffin was cooking and the cops were sucking.

Near as I could tell one cop lost complete control of the situation hit the panic buttion, next guy that backed her up hit the panic buttion, next guy that backed him up hit the panic buttion and so on until the police had created its very own unhappy mob. By the end there were by my count 13 patrol cars, 1 RCMP patrol car, and 1 SWAT team (the RCMP and SWAT guys look unimpressed). I think if the cop had told the person to put their clothes on and go to bed as opposed to arresting him and his friends shit would have been alot calmer. And just so people understand before the 2nd patrol car even showed up (let alone the 13th) the situation was pretty much over, the guy was in custody and the two girls he was with were pleading to let him go.

Things got interesting in my opinion when one cop replied "We stick together now". When I started asking him it that was a sept 11th reference, he replied "What do you think". So I kept telling (well maybe yelling [smile] ) that this has nothing to do with sept. 11th and dont use that as an excuse to abuse to your authority. He shoved his way past all my larger friends, explained to me has was the nicest cop here and then started shoving me with his chest. I told him he was obviously not the nicest cop here cuz hes was the only cop shoving people and then we parted ways (I think I may have also called him a coward but only after he tried some lame chest shoves).

Aaaah what a full night and if only we had a video camera.

Guest Low Roller

What a bizarro world we live in where the cops themselves almost riot. I would laugh my ass off if they started smashing windows and pushing over busses just to show that they are in control. Silly cops.

No H, I think your point is valid. They did lose control, they did create their own bad situation and overreacted but they could have lost complete control (and beaten my scrawny ass down).

The entire time we were watching the whole thing I even commented that if this was in the States, guys on horses would be plowing into us and cops would be shaking their mace cans at us. I still think the cops completely blew it.

All this because one guy dared to be naked.

Was it so big that it took 20 cops to shake it down? Maybe someone should have taken pictures ... with a wide-angle lens, of course.

Good grief. It's not as if a significant fraction of the cops weren't carrying the same, uhh, concealed weaponry [smile]