Jambands.ca

- Phish In Limestone -

secondtube

quote:

Fresh off the AP...

Limestone-AP) -- It looks like Phish is coming back to Maine.

The Loring Development Authority today gave permission to the Vermont band to put on a show in Limestone this August.

Executive Director Brian Hamel says he'll negotiate the agreement for the show to be held at the former Loring Air Force Base.

The decommissioned base was site of two previous Phish concerts. Those shows, the Great Went in 1997, and Lemonwheel in 1998, each attracted more than 60-thousand "Phish-heads" who camped out on the runways.

Residents of northern Maine welcomed the economic boost from those shows. This time, all proceeds will go into aviation improvements at the base, which was once home to B-52 bombers and other warplanes.

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

APTV-03-21-03 1110EST

Camping on tarmacks? Most likely in August? hmmm... i'm thinking Evolve sounds much 'cooler'.

[Cool]

Maybe i read the above post the wrong way, but I've also been to both the Went and the Wheel and if anybody thinks that Evolve will be a better festival then BUY A TICKET TO EVOLVE AND SKIP PHISH.........it'll leave way more space for me to party with the best band and phans on the planet !!!

Stamos

Archived