Jambands.ca

Roll Call- JMP in Toronto 7/10/02

shainhouse

Anybody know how tough it'll be to get tickets to this show? I was at the Caution Jam show at Club 279 back in early June, and it wasn't that packed, but JMP may draw in a much bigger crowd, so I'm not sure. If I knew I cold get in, I'd be up for it, but I don't want to stay in town an extra day only to find it's sold out when I get to the door.

Aloha,

Brad

I just tried http://www.ticketmaster.ca and searched for "jazz mandolin project" and "jmp" but there were no listings. I went to http://www.jazzmandolinproject.com but their on-line ticketing (which claimed to have tickets for all JMP shows) didn't list the show.

I'll phone the venue tomorrow and see what's up. Can you get tickets at Club 279 and/or the Hard Rock Cafe ahead of time in person?

Hope to be there and see everybody.

Aloha,

Brad

I'll be there for sure ... day 2 of a great two day music blast in Toronto ... the JMP show at the Opera House in Feb. 2000 was awesome.

Brad, I think you should be able to get tickets at the door, or you can get them in advance at the following locations: Sonic Temple, Shanti Baba, CD Replay, and Soundscapes. I'm not sure where any of those places are, but hopefully that helps and you can grab tickets on Tuesday when you are in Toronto for the Phil show.

Peace, Mark

Actually, I'm in Toronto now (East end, out past the end of the subway). I'll be heading down to the Amsterdam Brewery (600 King St. W) after dinner tonight for the pre-HorseNero party. I'm not familiar with any of the places listed for JMP tickets; are any of them within several blocks of, say, King St. W & Bathurst? I don't mind walking a bit, if I can get them on this trip.

Aloha,

Brad

OK, I think I figured out where best to get tickets. Here's the list of where they're at:

CD Replay / 762 Yonge St. / 416-513-1144

CD Replay / 523 Bloor St. W. / 416-516-0606

Sonic Temple / 5165 Yonge St. / 416-222-2004

Soundscapes / 572 College / 416-537-1620

Shanti Baba / 546 Queen St. W. / 416-504-5034

Since I'm heading down to King & Portland tonight, and since Shanti Baba (roughly Queen & Bathurst) is open until 9pm, it looks like the best.

Thanks,

Brad