Jambands.ca

Question of the Evening 03-22-03

Douglas

"My husband is hungry, and I dont allow him to turn on the stove."

"I saw this KILLER band last night, and the guitar player is going to be at my house tonight. He is sooooooooo dreamy. Can I go home to play?"

and now, one that I used for a few days:

"I stubbed my toe."

ok, seriously...

1. migraine headache

2. stomach problems, say you think you may have eaten something bad, and keep having to "go to the washroom" this one's good as they shouldn't press for too many details, if they do, use the "d" word...(diarreah).

hey Dr. Hux...perhaps I should start working on the bathroom thing now......every 10 mins, I could hop out of the call centre with my hands on my butt..."cheeks stay together! Cheeks stay together!"

Oh, and Andre....You AREN'T allowed to turn on the stove if I'm not there!!!! "YOU LACK DISCIPLINE!!!"

My back is killing me.

I have a stomach virus.

I've been throwing up all night.

I have a fever.

Note: all excuses have been used in order for me to attend the following concerts ( in the last 4 years ): ABB; Gov't Mule; Phish; Phil & Friends; Derek Trucks; The Who; International Noise Conspiracy; Immortal Lee County Killers; North Mississippi Allstars etc...

well i made the mistake of goign to work after eating 4 grams of shrooms in the summer. just to make the whole experience worse I had to walk up the busiest street in town for an hour to get there. not to mention i worked in teh seafood dpt. of a grocery store . . kind of a trippy place.

this did work out for the best though. the following night there was a jazz festival in a town enar by followed by a wicked party (wich the rest of my ounce fo shrooms was intended for) and I would have had to miss both due to work. luckily i looked so fucked up fromt eh mushrooms the night before they thought iI was deathly ill and I got the enxt night off.

this does not mean that doing shrooms ebfore work is a good thing.

Archived