Jambands.ca

Favourite new bands?

Jaimoe

I love Pico de Gallo... used to see them all the time in Kingston when the Scherzo was the Welly...when the stage was by the front door.

Buddy of mine bought his congas off the conga player and swears by them.

I wonder if they still have the same line-up from years ago.... is the keyboardist still playing with them? I remember he was awesome. I remember he did a classical rendition of "House at Pooh Corner" (I think that was the name of the song) one night that blew everyone away....

the horn lineup always depends on who is available that night...

Spencer..the keyboard player, usually plays with them...if he's not available, it's a smokin young guitar player named James Taylor (no relation to THE james taylor)

they used to have a percussionist, aside from the drums and conga's...but he's not with them anymore...but the drummer, conga player, bass player and keys are the same...horns are more or less the same every gig...but again, depends on who is around

Skelter, that live disc is great. I bought it from Spencer the last time I saw them, in February or March?

I cant really remember.

See you there on September 30th.

Its hard to imagine that the Scherzo was once the Welly. Best room I have been to in Eastern Ontario.

Greetings from NB!! Here's some I can think of...

Jukejoint(jeezus! I know I'm in for it every time Mark Tonin TELLS me to i'm gonna be blown away)

Dhizan and Kamien(Kruder/Dorfmeister/Tosca-esque)

Wilco- oh my god the new album is beautiful

Eels - gorgeous sounding as well-

Heres' some quick recommendations for aural explorations:

Fila Brazillia - Touch of Cloth

Red Snapper - Prince Blimey

Tosca - Suzuki

Grant Green - Live at the Lighthouse

still early...maybe some more will come to me when my brain wakes up...