Jambands.ca

Question of the Day 11-15-2002

dave-O

I don't think they could if they tried. Tour-heads present a whole slew of "issues" for the Phish organization but they are the bread-and-butter of the band's fanbase and have been that way all along since day one, when people would travel around Vermont to see them, then to Boston, then the Northeast in general, then Colorado, then the mid-west, so on, so on.

In any event, the tour looks set-up fairly "tourable" to me. A lot of one-nighters in strange places (Worcester, Philly) but geographically it moves along fairly easily. Honestly, if they were doing a month of one-nighters throughout Europe, people would head over to tour with them, so hitting the road through the US is not really an issue.

I think the intention is to just get their touring legs back, gearing up for Summer. That and the fact this tour was probably cobbled together in the last month or two explains the lay-out of the tour to me.

I won't be surprised to see another "little" tour like this at least once before the Summer season. Albany is conspicous in its absence.

The band seems fairly committed to Phish right now, so by the end of 2003, I imagine there'll have been plenty of opportunity to catch a show or several.

I read an interview with Fishman recently where he speculated Phish could record *another* album anytime now. It's all coming up roses..... [big Grin][big Grin]

the sloth and i were discussing this last night for a bit too, and it came up that it looks like maybe phish is just giving a quick little fix for everyone all over the country (everyone at least has a show within reasonable distance), setting up the BIG tour in the summer.

Personally, I like the way they started in LA and Vegas (gota love those west-coast girls and pro's eh Trey!)

I read something elsewhere regarding a rumour that Phish would not being doing any more big summer tours. Somehow I doubt it.

I tend to agree with Treyter, they're just wetting our appetites for now...

See you phockers in Vegas!

Anyone that knows me, knows I would never say 'that' in a Forum...........(ah, the problems with not logging out and a Prankster-wannabe comes over for their sheety band practise)

If I say something along those lines, its to my friends, so they can read my body language and know what I am really saying.

Right Hood?

The only bashing I do in here, is Booby Wize.

Speaking of which, check out tonights setlist and TRY to tell me it aint a Bobby call night!

Heck, I havent even seen the second set yet!

PHIL IS GETTING ALBANY BOYS AND GOILS!

(Darkstar madness, hey Grum, you heard it hear first [Wink] )