Jambands.ca

Casbah Sold - Everything on hold?

show---whore

I heard a while back that the Casbah would be closing in Dec but didn't want to get rumours flyin... ran into Briscoe last night and he didn't say anything... hoping against hope that we aren't about to see hamilton's newest dance bar (very nasty shooting or something at the new dance club at Caroline and Main last night... as I went by people were running by screaming and specked with blood... crazy bad)

take two on cats/pepperjacks, Shane?

footnote on the dance club rucous...

heard on the news there was no shooting, twas just a good ol bar fight... the interesting part of the story was that the place was licensed by the fire marshall to hold 300 people and police charged them because there were 800 people there...

"you're stepping on my foot."

"well you're stepping on my foot."

"hey, you're both standing on my feet!"

"step on someone else's foot!"

"I'll step on whoever's foot I want!"

and off we go! [smile]

For those who don't know, the Casbah in Hamilton apparently changed hands on Wednesday of this week. The future of all shows booked seems unknown. It was closed last night an the show booked obviously did not happen. Any thoughts? Rumours?

This is totally me propagating a rumour but I did hear that Briscoe has been seen around there a lot lately. (Aren't rumours fun!) [Roll Eyes]

I talked to Joel Stouffer last night at the Jomomma show and his official position was: "I don't know." I promised him I would represent that comment accurately. [Wink]

It sounds like everyone is just waiting to see who bought it, what they're going to do with it, and if it is going to be a music venue, who's going to book it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed (the place is like two blocks from my pad).

PS: Oh yea, another rumour that I heard is that there is no chance that Briscoe wants to be involved with that place. [Razz]

Joel Stoeffer says Casbah...

he told me friday night that Gary the owner told the new management(unknown) that if the cats want to play, let them play...

considering the bouncin cats rumours lately, might not hurt to call the club... I'm gonna go around 11/11:30 regardless... if they aren't there its pretty easy to just keep walkin and arrive at 33 to hear Brian and the band...

should be a great night in no mats how the ball be bouncin... [smile]

Now the rumor is that this was the last night.....although nothing was said by the band/staff there was talk about this.

quote:

you're stepping on my foot."

"well you're stepping on my foot."

"hey, you're both standing on my feet!"

"step on someone else's foot!"

"I'll step on whoever's foot I want!"

and off we go!

"Should I stay or should I go?" [Confused][Confused][Confused][Roll Eyes]

Topper Headon (The Clash)