Jambands.ca

Phish: selling sndbrd copies of upcomng shows

secondtube

Here's a series of extremely unimportant statements:

-I don't listen to live Phish shows of my own volition.

-I have seen the band multiple times, and will be seeing them in Hampton

-Everything I've heard about Phish in the last few months makes me think they're on a huge moneygrab (actually, I think it started with Bittersweet Motel. I can just see them watching the prescreening and saying, "Yeah it's shit, but we'll make a mint")

-I think they're one of the best bands of all time

-I may stop going to live shows, unless they are really really convenient (Hampton will decide this for me I think)

-I wonder how long it will take for a concerned website to take 10 cent fees from their members and make all the shows available for download

-Round Room sounds like pre-production, and from what I hear, it is. It should cost, like 7 bucks.

-I wonder how the Phishies decided on how much to charge for the live downloads. I'm lying, I don't wonder, I think it has to do directly with how much they think they can get away with

-okay, now I'll get cynical > do you think they will occasionally overdub?

-I'm glad they're back, and I hope they continue to make the fans proud

-I think it's okay for rich rock stars to get richer

-I think it's cool when rich rock stars kick down free stuff to the fans, like allowing taping

-I think Phish shows are about to include the same grumbling that I always heard at Dead shows ("damn locals/bandwagoners, they're not fans, they don't know what the scene USED to be like")

Okay, I know some of those points will piss a few of you off, and I know that some of the points contridict each other. Is it clear that I'm not sure how I feel about this?

quote:

-I wonder how long it will take for a concerned website to take 10 cent fees from their members and make all the shows available for download

What a GREAT idea. You should be a manager for a band!

Actually, I dont know how I feel about that either [Wink]

(Oh my lord. I am watching a video that Jaimoe made me of his pillaging the City TV vaults and we are watching Zappa do Whipping Post. Woowowowow. How much does this cost? I'll sell it to you Velvet for 15 bucks!)

okay...you can still tape phish shows. you're not supposed to burn and trade albums, and essentially, this is what the live phish downloads are.

i don't know why you smart people don't realize this is a phish release, just not on CD and it reflects as such in the lowered price.

you can complain about it not being free and the downloading taking time, but then just buy them when they come out. nobody's complaining about the live phish releases on CD...with the fancy binders and everyhting costing more than just B+P.

sure phish are making a lot of money but if you don' tthink they deserve it and then go on later to talk about the great times you had at phish shows(multiply that by hundreds of thousands of people) don't you think it's fair to realize that maybe they DO deserve it?

i mean come on, trey has to pay for his coke habit SOMEHOW. [smile]

i don't understand why you pholks turn your nose up at something that adequately fills peoples' needs for live phish. i mean, come on - a phish soundboard no less than 2 days after the show that you likely weren't at?

why do you have to be so unneccessarily negative when you can just opt to wait till someone can trade you for them or you can buy them in CD form...for a bunch of peace loving music lovers you've got some strong negative emotions. i just hope you can get them out at the nero NYE or wherever you are.

I think that I will listen to Phish play music and if it is good, then i will like it and if it isn't i won't. I like them for concerts and don't give a shit what they sell or do. As long as the concerts kick major ass as usual and the show prices don't go through the roof, i'm happy. Why should it be up to us as to how much money they make? I wouldn't care if Trey was humpin donkeys at set breaks to make an extra buck, just as long as he came out later and kicked my ass!

By the way, if anyone wants the 10-7-00 show that is available for download, i will B&P it for you. That is if you are high speed-less. Hell, if you want to trade anything let me know.