Jambands.ca

Looking for Ottawa Restaurant Recommendations

bradm

I'm planning on taking myself out to dinner this week (for what, deponent sayeth not ::) and am looking for some recommendations as to a good restaurant.

My usual (and fallback) choice is The Black Tomato: I like the atmosphere (kind of a laid-back upscale cafe/bistro), and love the food, so I'm looking for something along the same lines. Not a specific ethnicity, but with a menu that includes choices from all over the map; a good beer & wine selection is a bonus.

I'd prefer it if the location was downtown (Byward Market, Glebe, Elgin) or, say, Westboro.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Aloha,

Brad

It's probably been lost to the "upgrade" but there was an Ottawa restaurant thread several months ago with alot of good recommendations.

Since you specified "all over the map" and the Market I've been hearing pretty good things about Blue Cactus, although I haven't been myself. And I know this might not fit your criteria but The Manx has consistently blown me away with an outstanding yet reasonable food menu and a top-notch beer and scotch menu. They're still serving UrBock on tap which puts them in good standing with me.

Hope over a few streets to the Black Thorn Cafe. I think it's on Clarence. Awesome food. Reasonable prices. Blanche de Chambly on tap.

Looks good. I went to their homepage, and they not only list Blanche de Chambly on tap, but also Belle-Vue Kriek!

Thanks for all the suggestions, people; keep 'em coming.

Aloha,

Brad