Jambands.ca

wma -> mp3 conversion help

MK

can anyone help me? I just bought Prince's new CD (collection of files?) from puretracks.com and it turns out that the files are in wma format. I want the tracks on my iPod but need to convert them to mp3 or AAC first. I downloaded the Aare Converter Plus but it doesn't work. can anyone point me to a converter that actually works?

thanks

Interesting timing MK.

I just had my first Puretracks experience downloading a tune. I'm having a problem acquiring the license to play the fu@king thing. I was able to play it on one pc at home, but at work, I think there's a firewall issue.

Keep us posted here on your experience on playing your tracks on the iPod and converting the file.

I just feel you may have problems converting to mp3 and playing it back because of the licensing built into the wma format.

Yup Bouche, you're right. It's a licensing issue. The tracks are unconvertable. Total BS. DON'T USE PURETRACKS!!

Thanks for your suggestion Weezy.

The new Prince is great though. I'd swear he's written so many songs that he must have written these ones before. Hot old school funk/soul - too bad he's not releasing it on CD.