Jambands.ca

Birthday Fun, Take II

Kitari

Okay, so my birthday was a deflated affair. After moving all of my belongings from one house to another for the majority of the day, I went to the Lonestar and was so tired that I was home in bed (sober) by 1:00. Not only that, but the Lonestar has apparently dropped all country music in lieu of hip hop. I was VERY disappointed!

And so I propose Birthday Celebrations, take II. I'm going to erase all bad memories of last Saturday and instead am going to boogie my ass off at the Huxes next show on Friday as my birthday remake (fully rested, tons of cash in my pocket and nowhere to go the next morning). I refuse to remember this year as a celebratory failure. And I want my JamBands friends there to toast with damnit!

So, although most of you are planning to come already for the great tunes, come out and help me have a REAL birthday fest!

Hey, why not make it your birthweek?

• Tuesday: open jam at Dekcuf
  • Wednesday: Grand Theft Bus at Babylon
  • Thursday: Raggamuffin at Babylon
  • Friday: Dr. Huxtable* at Dekcuf

Now all you need is something to do tonight and Saturday, and you're all set.

Aloha,

Brad

* W/ Quivertwist, I think.

quote:

Originally posted by Kitari:

I LOVE your philosophy Brad!

quote:

Originally written by Robert A. Heinlein:

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.

My take on it can summarized in two phrases:

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
  • Nothing exceeds like excess.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

You won't be the only one celebrating their b-day this week-end Kitari! I fully intend to celebrate in debaucherous fashion as well. I'm counting the days...

Brad, you may be onto something with this birthweek plan of yours. I can't make it on tuesday, but I see no valid reason not to party the rest of the week!

Have one for me. My ex used to make my birthdays so disappointing or miserable that I gave up having them (birthdays, that is--there are always exs to go around). I haven't got back into the habit of celebrating them, at least not publicly.

Besides, I'm too close to 40 to want to think about it, especially since I can't afford a sports car. How can I be expected to have a midlife crisis without a sports car?

Archived