Jambands.ca

Who Would You Kick Off A Deserted Island First?

Jaimoe

Who would drive you nuts first, forcing you to kick one ( or couple ) of the following off a deserted island?

Ray Manzarek ( this guy would get my vote, with his 30 years of: Jim Morrison this, Jim Morrison that etc... )

Lars Ulrich

Mickey Hart

Ted Nugent ( at least he could hunt for grub )

Wavy Gravy ( not a musician, but he has made " Three days " into a career )

David Crosby

Trey Anastasio ( admit it - he'd never stop talking )

David Lee Roth

Johnny Lydon

Dave Matthews ( seems to be getting crazier as the years pass )

Chad Kroeger

Raine Maida and wife Chantal Kreviazuk, along with Chantal's dog Chanie.

Axl Rose

Stone Temple Pilots ( all are supreme assholes, although some of their tunes are pretty good )

That " She Bangs " Chinese dude from American Idol

Gene Simmons

Courtney Love

The following Zappa kids: Moon Unit, Dweezil and Ahmet

Bono

Dave Gahan

Grace Jones

The Proclaimers

Sting

Sean Cullen ( from The Producers and Corky & The Juice Pigs fame )

Peaches

Elvis Costello and wife Diana Krall

Phil Collins

Billy Bob Thornton

The Gallagher brothers

Brian Wilson ( sure he's a genius, but he's also nuts )

The Osbourne kids

Guest Low Roller

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you trying to steal my heat with a Survivor knock-off?? Who do you think you are? Hux?

;)

If I was on a deserted Island with that cast of characters I would kick myself off first because that island would degenerate into a hissy-fit warzone as soon as they all realize there's no more Dasani bottled water left.

Chad Kroeger, although I'd kinda like it if that island turned into Battle Royale, with everyone hunting each other down... (If you don't know what I'm talking about, rent Battle Royale... very entertaining)

AD

I'm a HUGE Beat Takeshi fan and I rented the Special Edition DVD of Battle Royale a month ago. It fucking kicked ass.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you trying to steal my heat with a Survivor knock-off?? Who do you think you are? Hux?

;)

This is kind of an anti-Survivor list. I hate the real program Survivor, but I like your version.

Everyone on my list is crazy and/or annoying.

Jaimoe, if I didn't know you worked at Much I'd have to tease you mercilessly for knowing the name of Chantal Kreviazuk's dog.

I think the funniest thing would be to get Ted Nugent to hunt Lars Ulrich and Axl Rose for sport, then after he'd finished them off strip the Nudge down, strap a bunch of raw fish on him, and feed him to some hungry bears.

(As a matter of fact, if you look at Jeff's video on the CD-ROM portion of Uncle Seth's Lame Suburban Poetry, you can see us talking about kicking Ted Nugent in the balls. But that's another story...)

I must say though, a couple of your choices are questionable. Brian Wilson isn't annoying nuts, he's unfortunate and sad nuts, and you've got to give him props for Pet Sounds and some other amazing music before depression and asshole opportunists turned him into what he is now.

Sting may be an arrogant SOB, but at least he backs it up by trying to do interesting things musically all the time. I've always thought of him as sort of the Neil Young of pop, you may not like everything he puts out but he's always trying different angles and not just resting on his laurels. Plus I think he'd be an interesting guy to hang out with on an island, at least he'd have lots of funny stories about fighting with Stewart Copeland.

And Dave Matthews is crazy, but he's crazy in a "weird cousin" sort of way, and would also be good fun on the island I think. Apparently he tells lots of great fart jokes. Plus he's way more entertaining musically since the Dave & Friends tour this winter than he has been in almost 10 years.

Peace,

Mr. M.

I'ld vote off Jaimoe.

Admit it people, this is just duuuuuuuuumb. I know cats and dogs that are more creative than this. Heck, most cats and dogs are more creative than this thread.

So, you dont like some 'artists' because of your job, we get it for the thousandth time, but dont vote of the Chinese 'She Bangs' kid. Vote off the 40,000 people that bought his debut album.