Jambands.ca

Rose Garland w/ Harvard Mouse tomorrow night!!!

dark_starr

OOOOOOHHHHHH..... SHIT!!! What a fuckin' sound comin' out of the Lanc last night!!! Two drummers really do double the fun, Thanks again Mr. Tonin for a WONDERFUL night of music in Kitchener. Great night of music from Rose Garland and Harvard Mouse (wish I had seen more). Also a big thank you to the friendly staff at the Kitchener Motel on Victoria for not kicking us out last night.

See you RG boys real soon, Chuck I'm sure I'll see ya tonight at the bar!

Here's the set list i might miss a song or 2

Jack Straw (smoking)

Bertha>

Mine Mind turned to mushroom GOO

?????

?????

The OTHER ONE (tease)

Birdie Song (tell me all that know)

The other one

FOOLISH HEART

I remember Deal (sick Mark Tonin Dancin)

set 2

SAMSON AND DELIAH(MY GOODNESS)

scarlet Begonias (ripping)

fire on the mountain (rageing)

I think it was WEST LA FADAWAY (wow)

Playin in the band (for BOTTLE)

Sugar Magnolia (the goods)

Encore One More Saturday night>

SUNSHINEIE DAYDREAM (melting)

I agree New Rider, and how we didn't get kicked out maybe they were scared to talk to us.

anybody got any choclate bars

Good times on Saturday night up at the Lanc! I had lots of fun playing, and then really enjoyed hearing Rose Garland kick out some tasty Dead songs and jams. Two drummers ... awesome ... it was a treat watching and listening to my long-time friend and Harvard Mouse drummer Tim Fisher join Rose Garland for both of their sets. Tim has been into the Dead for 20 years, and he fit right in with Rose Garland ... some of the drum fills and rolls from the two drummers were absolutely mind-blowing ... dark starr had the best seat in the house, sandwiched between the 2 drummers.

For the record, here is most of the Harvard Mouse setlist:

Let The Good Times Roll

Cleaning Windows

??? (brain blip on my part, can't remember what we did here)

Time Fades Away

U.S. Blues

Ohio

Aiko

Good Lovin'

Deep Elem Blues (or was this after Sympathy???)

Sympathy for the Devil (bluegrassy feel)

Peace, Mark

Good to hear that it was an amazing evening! I had no doubt that it would be :)

SOunds like the drum duo kicked somethin' serious!!

Mark, great to see you guys opened with Let The Good TImes Roll.....I love that tune!! Are you putting on the DD/Jommama show next weekend?

Babsy,

I'm not the promoter for the Diesel Dog and Jomomma show, but I most likely will be going, if even only for part of it. I've got a really busy day on Saturday, with my daughter's gymnastics meet starting early and then my drummer's wedding (which should be a blast as we will be playing), so I'll be calling it a relatively early night on Friday.

Peace, Mark

Groovy night! Thanks very mucho to Mark for having us out for an evening of great fun with Harvard Mouse, with a very wonderful one for Mouse drummer Tim Fisher sitting in for both of our sets. Tim, bring that kit by anytime! And of course, a special thanks to everyone of ya that made it out to the gig. We'll have to do this again... and the sooner, the better!

Offical set list to come once I have a chance to listen to the tapes...

A short show, but a lot of fun nonetheless...

ROSE GARLAND

The Lancaster Tavern, Kitchener

May 8, 2004

Set One:

Jack Straw > Bertha; West LA Fadeaway; Foolish Heart > Bird Song > Other One tease > Bird Song; Deal

Set Two:

Samson & Delilah; Sugar Magnolia > Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain; Playin' In The Band > Drums > Jam > Playin' reprise

Encore:

One More Saturday Night > Sunshine Daydream

**full show with Tim Fisher on drums