Jambands.ca

hey, its may 18th!

guigsy

it was one year ago today....

THE SLIP!!!

05/18/2003: Come Together Festival - Frontier Ghost Town: Durham, ONT (CAN)

Set I: Planet of Inexperience* > Wolof*, Dear Melina, Aptos, Johnny's Tune, Back in Fifteen Minutes, Soft Machine, The Woods, December's Children^, intro > song of the world, Imagine > Blue Moon> Sleepwalker&, Before You Were Born

Encore: Jumby, If One of Us Should Fall

one of the best days that ever happened to me.

I've come to realize that show was quite exceptional by even their standards. I saw that whole run and while Ottawa, Kingston and Hamilton were all hot and unique shows something happened up there in the woods. Incidentally by my estimation that is the fifth ever rendition of Soft Machine and it's a particularly good one, it dawned on me the composition may have began around a bass part of Marc's (the main theme) also the wood flute solo trailing out at the end makes it particularly unique as well. What else can you say it was brilliant.

I remember that the Slip bus drew alot of attention to nerobus lovers. We were all like "whoa...it's like the nerobus straight out of the womb." It was so shiny, and lacked the 'stench' that it dragged from town to town.

This is now making me miss the nerobus. I must go and weep.

That was definitely an incredible night. The Soft Machine, the guitar cable jam into Song of the World, and Before You Were Born to leave us all pretty spineless. The proof of that show's effect on me was that immediately after I ran into Brad at the porto-potty, looked him in the eye and said "I don't even know".

Hopefully this tim around I'll be a little more prepared!