Jambands.ca

What's Snow?

bradm

"I don't know, what's snow with you?"

OK, lousy joke...but maybe if we all think together, we can stop this snow...no snow...no snow...no snow...

Hmmm...it may not work over the Internet...we'll need to gather the people and whoop up a group gestalt to stop the snow...some hot music will help melt everything, too...what to do, what to do...

I know: come out to Open Jam at Cafe Dekcuf tonight, dig the tunes, partake of refreshing beverages, and cheer the fearless (and/or clueless) improvising musicians (hey, you could even be one of them) of Ottawa as they try to evoke their respective muses and enter Group Mind State for your fun and benefit.

It's free, too. What could be better, on this cold, blustery, snowy day?

Aloha,

Brad

the snow finally stopped here, halleleujah

i ws getting tired of shovelling it to be honest. yesterday was such a mess, i wouldnt want anyone driving in that whiteout, but alot of ppl were, me and a friend were walking to the lcbo last night, saw tons of cars stuck so we helped a few of them out. right after we pushed this one lady out we were discussing how a good deed always leads to another good deed, and just as he said that some lady offered us a ride.

talk about karma or something, timing, it was great.

anyways, snow sucks, costa rica is lookin mighty fine, anyone going? have room for a wookie in their luggage? [big Grin]

It had stopped snowing by the time (ca. 1am) I left Dekcuf. I don't think we melted it, I think we scared it off. Mother Nature may be a Mean Mojo Mama, but she ain't got nothing on the open-jam crew we had last night.

The steel drum player was out, Phil was droppin' the funk, Jose repeated his awe-inspiring performance, Jody stepped up and jammed out, dave-O borrowed my guitar and put on a display that makes me question why I own the darn thing in the first place, and end-to-end, it was the best night of them all (so far [Wink] ).

The bar was pretty packed at times, we had new faces in the audience (and on stage), and a fun vibe that rivals a lot of the band-shows I've been to at Dekcuf.

You owe it to yourselves to come out next week, even for a little while (hey, it's free, so you can show up, stay for half an hour or an hour, leave at a pretty early hour, and still don't feel like you've had less than you're money's worth).

Aloha,

Brad

Archived