Jambands.ca

Do you want a gmail account?

Esau

I just don't get why anyone would care. I don't really need another e-mail address. I have too many to track already. I guess I'm missing something.

Exactly what I thought willy,but people do I guess,obviously.I posted the link for that reason only.

Although I only have two emails (hotmail),I can't understand the purpose of more then that.Just doesn't make sense to "have to many to track" to me.

My invite was completely random,I wasn't looking for one thats for sure,probally give it to my ma so she can get pics of my bro's family sent to her.

the big hype around gmail is the amount of storage space you get and how the emails are presented to you. Since it's good it's all web based (like hotmail or yahoo) but it's search able and displays in a different (from what I understand).

I think the biggest thing is the storage space though (I think it's a gig!).. also.. it's brand now so all the choice names have yet to be snatched up.

Gmail will change the way Hotmail works. Hell, it's already changed the way the folks at yahoo mail provide the service. They just rolled out a searchable 100 meg service for free on tuesday.

The Google searching and archiving technologies are due to change the way you use and access your email.

It threads your email conversations like a mesage board with collapsable headers.

1 gig is ALOT of stinking space for free.

Hell, it's already changed the way the folks at yahoo mail provide the service. They just rolled out a searchable 100 meg service for free on tuesday.

They not only rolled it out and offered it to people, they automagically upgraded everybody (like me) who was already enrolled in it, even if the account was at yahoo.ca (as mine is).

I'm not sure I like the new look and feel, and it seems a bit slower than before, but it's nice to have gone from an 85% full mailbox to a 5% full mailbox...

Aloha,

Brad