Jambands.ca

GO OILERS GO...

rubberdinghy

Man, I wish the CBC televised more of that Oilers-Dallas game. From the little I saw, it was beautifully intense, violent and full of passion. Oh yeah, it had great plays too. This is the series to watch in Round 1.

The Leaf game was pretty good too. Philly could of won the game, but they decided not to play physical in the 3rd period for some reason. They dominated physically in the 2nd, and looked like they were going to roll-over the Leafs, especially with a Leaf line-up decimated by new injuries: Antripov and Tucker. Anyway, Belfour was the star.

I can tell you this Senators fans, don't take the Islanders lightly. They are a playoff designed team that matches up well with the Senators - just like they did all season. Their defense is as good or better than Ottawa's and they have 4 physical lines, plus the Peca factor. I think Ottawa will still win the series, but they have to learn how to win ugly against the Isles - i.e., the way the Leafs did last year.

I was disappointed in the Sens effort until the end of the game. They will bounce back and pound on the Isles.

As for the Leafs - they were lucky to get away with a win. They were completely outplayed the whole game with a few exceptions, and once Phillly tightens up their goaltending they will be able to be better against the Leafs.

Too bad about Tucker - couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Colin

Archived