briguy

TRUTHS AND RIGHTS

Saturday July 24

Pepper Jack's

38 King William St

Hamilton

Truths%26RightsKIDP.jpg

Canada's foremost Reggae Act!!

"Truths & Rights" are a group of seasoned, professional musicians playing tight, high energy Heavy Reggae. The repertoire ranges from classic Roots Reggae to Ska and Urban Dancehall and is mainly original with a sprinkling of recognizable Reggae hits as well as some "Big Sugar" jams done T&R.

Truths & Rights are currently recording their new album with Performer/Producer Gordie Johnson from "Big Sugar". Make no mistake....Truths & Rights will be coming at you HARD & HEAVY in the summer of 2004!!

The Players are:

Mojah: > Big Sugar Band Member, guitarist and Solo artist whose sweet vox and rhythmic strumming has made him a name in the Toronto music scene. Mojah's unique approach and performance style are truly original.

Garry Lowe: > Big Sugar bassist. Garry & Mojah are original Truths & Rights members. Garry is also an original Culture Shock member and has worked with most Jamaican Reggae artists. Garry's steady bass playing has made him a favourite on the T-dot's Reggae scene.

Freindlyness: > Jamaican style Rap artist, multi-talented musician playing keys & melodica on this tour. Friendly has toured with Reggadeath and Punjabi by Nature and is a founding member & cornerstone of Culture Shock, one of the hottest bands out of the T-dot. He also manages a solo career as a Mic MC in the Drum & Bass/Jungle circles mostly in the GTA.

Bernie Pitters: > Foundation reggae keyboard player, currently tours with Toots & the Maytals. Bernie has worked with most Jamaican Reggae Artists. Bernie produces local and international Artists between gigs & touring projects and frequently plays with Toronto Dub band, Resinators.

Eric Paul: > Big Sugar drummer & well respected Toronto Live & Session drummer laying down a hard foundation. Eric has toured on the Canadian music scene for years with the likes of "Jeff Healy" & "The Sidemen". He has become an instrumental member of Truths & Rights mixing Roots Rock style drumming with Roots Reggae beats.

Good times!

:)

Sorry you can't make it, Willy.

I forgot to mention that it's $10 at the door and $8 for members of The Sanctuary. If anyone's interested just PM me before 4pm Saturday and I'll make sure you're on the $8 list. And if a Sanctuary member brings four people that pay full admission they'll get in for free. People that only give a member name at the door will not be eligible...you have to PM me before 4pm on Saturday.

cheers

beerchug.gif

Booyaakaa!

You can say that again!

I'm really looking forward to this gig. I was always interested in Big Sugar but it was the reggae vibe that dominated their sound during their later years that really grabbed me. Since they're spending a lot of time in the studio with Mr. Johnson I'm hoping he'll make an appearance. That would be pretty wild.

I might have to let my hair down for this one! smily012.gifhapfac01.gif