Jambands.ca

Monteal's weekly entertainment paper??

DevO

Hey all! I was checking out Pollstar to see who`s playing in Montreal this Saturday as thats where I`ll be, and I noticed that Barrington Levy is playing at an event called Jamaican Day Festival.. In typical reggae show fashion, I can`t find any info at all on this festival! Can anyone help me out? Whats the website addresses for the big Montreal weekly rags?

Guest Low Roller

I don't think that Montréal has an online rag. I've been looking for one for the longest time, but it seems that the majority of events in Montréal are spread through word of mouth and papers.

Guest Low Roller

Glad that I was wrong.

It made no sense that Montréal had no online presence for cultural events.

Thanks for links folks.

Thanks for the help.. I found some info on the Jamaica Day Festival here<.

July 24, Saturday: Montreal's 24th. Annual Jamaica Day

Hippodrome Blue Bonnets, Decarie Boulevard, 11 am to 11 pm.

Oganized by the Jamaica Association of Montreal. Meet Canadian olympic star, Donovon Bailey! Blue Bonnets provides the space and facilities to accomodate this massive event. Top performers from Jamaica and Canada, including: Ken Boothe; Hotta Flex Crew; Montreal's finest artists Jah Cuttah & Determination band, Mikey Dangerous, Sampaloo, Juliet “Smurfette” Nelson, The Mystique Dancers, Culcha Connection, Criollo, Gerry Thompson, and much more. Music, food, rides for the kids etc.

Admission = $10 for adults, $5 under 18 & seniors. Free for children under 12.

Info: (514) 737-8229

Thanks for the info cosmic, unfortunately I have to return to french camp (Trois Rivieres) around 8pm.. :P

If anyone is interested, I managed to find an article here on the Jamaica Day Festival.. Looks like Levy isn`t gonna be there at all. I`ll still be goin though!