Jambands.ca

GOV'T MULE CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT...

NewRider

It's always been GA in the past...and has patio doors that open right out onto Lake Ontario - sweet!!! I believe capacity is only 1100-1200, so not alot bigger than the Opera House or the Danforth (as much as we loved the Danforth, apparently it was a production nightmare).

Oh, and this from my "Mule Update" -

DEJA VOODOO IN STORES 9/14

The long awaited and much anticipated new Gov't Mule studio record Deja Voodoo will be released on September 14th, 2004. This album, the first to include keyboardist Danny Louis and bassist Andy Hess along with founding members Warren Haynes and Matt Abts, is comprised completely of songs which have never been performed live. When asked to describe the album, Haynes says "It sounds like Gov't Mule, but it doesn't sound like anything we've already done. It has the same muscle and the same influences and character. But the fact is that it's a new band interpreting, and I'm writing songs for the sound of the new band."

Deja Voodoo is available for pre-order now. Click here to check out more info about the release and to order your copy.

It is also available for Pre-Order through The Mule Van, which will be in the parking lot of every single show Warren Haynes plays this Summer.

Everyone who pre-orders Deja Voodoo will receive a limited-edition, exclusive (not available in stores or at shows) "Mule Tracks Sampler", featuring live soundboard Mule tunes. And, you'll be entered to win one of the following prizes:

* Grand Prize: Two (2) pairs of front row tickets to the Gov't Mule show of the winner's choice

* Second Prize: Two (2) framed Danny Clinch photos signed by the band

* Third Prize: Two (2) Gov't Mule Fall Tour Posters signed by the band

TRACKLIST:

01. Bad Man Walking

02. About To Rage

03. Perfect Shelter

04. Little Toy Brain

05. Slackjaw Jezebel

06. Wine & Blood

07. Lola Leave Your Light On

08. Silent Scream

09. No Celebration

10. Mr. Man

11. My Separate Reality

12. New World Blues

a little more info about the venue...

Located at Sunnyside Beach, Palais Royale is a classic ballroom, built in 1921, that saw many of the big band and swing greats rock the house in its younger days, including Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Benny Goodman and others. The Palais features a sprung, cantilever hardwood floor -- the only one of its kind in Canada. There are two bars in the hall, a fireplace and an elevated band stage. Off the hall, there is a massive deck overlooking Lake Ontario. Plenty of history in a beautiful comtemporary venue.

147865p1.jpg

it's a great venue. holds approx 1000. right on the lake so you can get some air and the floor gives a little when people dance - bouncy bouncy!

you can imagine the New Deal had that place flying when they played two nights there a while back!

Just checking out the pre-sale...

Two tickets @ $30 each = $60

Shipping fees = $15

Service fees = $10.40

Total = US $85.40

That's US $25 in extra fees!! That's, what? CDN $40?

I'm thinking of waiting for Ticketmaster on sale. Any worry that this will sell out? I don't think the Danforth show did...