Jambands.ca

So, how was Wilco last night

Velvet

I hate all the symbolism of this thread...

It was a great show. Super-packed room, either it was oversold or people were afraid of the balcony.. I never ventured up there to see for myself. From the heat on the floor I imagine it would have been much hotter upstairs.

Didn't have room to move my arms to track a setlist, but if I get the show on CD (hint hint ::) I'd be glad to share a setlist with everyone...

My highlights:

Muzzle of Bees

At Least That's What You Said

Theologians

Poor Places

Add to my highlights everything Nels Cline played.. He's like Crazy Horse on speed, with style, and with a touch of classy restraint.

Add to that that me the girl I was there with were talking on the weekend that the best encore would consist of California Stars (nice easy singalong, great sentimental value to me), Passenger Side (also sentimental value), The Lonely 1 (sentimental) etc.. and that they were all played in the encore, well, I was pretty darn happy. If they had played One By One it would have been perfect, but alas Toronto got it and not Ottawa. (Nottawa?)

One of these days I have to hear Tweedy sing Be Not So Fearful live though.. I've got it on plenty of shows, but not in person...

I think that's my short review... Oh yeah, I'm not a big fan of Spiders, just because of the length... OK. Over and out, roger Wilco..

AD

Here's the Wilco setlist from Ottawa...

1. Hummingbird

2. Company In My Back

3. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

4. A Shot In The Arm

5. I'm Always In Love

6. Muzzle Of Bees

7. She's A Jar

8. Handshake Drugs

9. I'm The Man Who Loves You

10. Ashes Of American Flags