Jambands.ca

So, how was Modest Mouse tonight?

Douglas

I can answer that... ;)

I don't think that I have ever enjoyed a drummer more.

I don't think that I have ever enjoyed a band that I haven't heard before more (aside from tid bits this week and the little pre-show at LowRoller's)

I don't think that I have ever been more disappointed with myself for givin'er' too hard the night before (legs oh so tired)

I don't think that I have ever had so much energy after a show (maybe not true a bit...but I do have lots of energy right now)

I don't think that I have ever loved how loud it was

Did I mention the drummer???

And that tall guy could sing a note or two, lemme tell ya!

What a great abundance of sounds, leaving me wanting more (and not wanting to go to work in the morning.)

sorry...not great with reviews but I did have tonnes of fun tonight, leaving me with a tired/energized grin.

so many sounds! never a dull moment.

Hmm...hard to say because Wilco the night before probably skewed the whole thing for me. That, and lack of sleep.

No question the instrumentation was pretty interesting, but they must have had some kind of idiot working the levels in that place because you couldn't pick out much except guitars and drums. The between-song banter was entirely unintelligible but that might have more to do with the lead singer. The mix was really disappointing, especially since the night before you could have heard a pin drop on stage.

As for the set I thought it was alright but I probably could have filed the show under "Albums are just as good as the show".

Wow, last night rocked!

Perfect setlist, perfect hottie singer in a plaid shirt, perfect group of friends I went with. Good thing we're close friends, though, because we were standing ON TOP of each other all night! I think now that bars overpack people in on purpose because it makes you hotter, which makes you drink more...and spend more!

Oh well, I had such a great time, and now I can't get this song out of my head:

"And it's true we named our children after towns that we've never been to..."

And tonight, low-rolling brain goo goes to Sonic Youth. I don't know whether you're better off trying to solidify your psyche for the musical onslaught to come, or leave yourself gooey, figuring that you've hit rock bottom.

Either way, enjoy yourself, and make sure you have a wake-up call set up for tomorrow night, to get to GTB before the encore...

Aloha,

Brad