Jambands.ca

"The Slip" song requests for Evolve 5 Fest Thread

Jay Funk Dawg

I'd like to echo the sentiments of a few of you who said that it really doesn't matter what we want them to play. One of the key elements of bands that make a living out of being improvisational is that element of surprise - letting the music go somewhere naturally instead of having a rigid, structured course. Of course we all have favorite songs that we would love to hear, but to present our wishes to a band without, perhaps, having a close association to the band seems somewhat assumptive, in my opinion. I don't think that a band such as The Slip listens to what some random person suggests that they play. If they do, they are perhaps the most audience friendly band playing in the jam scene today. I wish you the best of luck getting our requests played Jaydawg, but I worry what the repercussions of asking them may be (ie. they end up playing none of the requested songs to get across the point that no one dictates to them what to play). All that being said, I would love to hear any or all of the following songs:

My Landlord, The Earth Will Dissever and Consume You After These Messages, 74, Fear of Falling, Soft Machine, Song of Mysterious Origin