Jambands.ca

"The Slip" song requests for Evolve 5 Fest Thread

Jay Funk Dawg

'74

Just because I love that song (actually its my favourite) & it spurs memories of my father for some reason.

I'm sure many of the Slip "elitists" will say its played it self out as I've been told so many times,so please save it.But that is (to me anyway) one of the most emotional songs I have ever heard them play.

yeah, i agree... hasnt been played out at all... im constantly trying to find shows with that song, but they dont do it too often... and yeah, you can tell they're really into pushing the envelope in a new direction.. its really good, though...

good call on the julia's kitchen, luke... i'll add a weight of solomon to that... they go well together.

honestly, though, i gotta re-iterate what i said earlier... play whatever they're feeling, and hopefully its a lot of new stuff, and stuff i havent heard... this is one band that i seriously look forward to hearing whatever is coming next from them... even though it is nice to think of what i'd like to hear them play, its not often a band comes along that you wish they'd play something you never heard before, just because you know the surprise will blow you away.

yeah... i agree esau... and im not trying to debate you, but maybe i should word it differently. what i want to hear isnt what is popular now, because i want to hear something i havent heard.

but back to 74... love the song... we gotta work out some kinda deal, cuz i really dont have enough of that one!

::

I'd rather not dictate to a band what I want to hear, cuz chances are they'd play something better / more interesting / fresher / suprising on their own. I go to karaoke when I want to plan what I hear.

Just my opinion though.

AD