Jambands.ca

qotd

Im going home Donny

Guest Low Roller

Yup, the Gatineau's (pronounced Gatenoux) are incredible for hiking trails, picnics, and swimming holes. You can even go exploring some caves by Lac Phillipe.

I don't recall any camping spots though.

You got Sandbanks not that far away from Perth.

You also have Algonquin Park about three hours away. I wouldn't trust the bears there though.

Hey there!

Ask me again when I see you next, say tonight. I know of quite a few good places that are free and always vacant (unless I'm there). My dad has a habit of driving to the end of the road and seeing what's there. He has found some great spots.

The only time I have ever seen a bear was in the city, and I've been camping my whole life (25 years). My stepbrother saw a bear in Gatineau Park, and my dad has seen several in assorted places. I've never seen predatory animals in Algonquin Park, even though they're there. It's a simple matter to hang your food or bring an air-tight barrel. I've never had my stuff meddled with.

Do you have a canoe or other such floating, water vehicle? Some of the spots I know of are either a hike or paddle in.

quote:

Originally posted by paisley:

Bon Echo looks like a sweet bet...

Bon Echo is indeed VERY sweet! Take the pontoon boat tour to see the native carvings on the rocks, it's worth it to have them show you where they are initially, then if you want to rent a canoe and go back you can. The swimming there is great when it's warm.

Ahhhh, summer camping, can't wait!

Peace,

Mr. M.

Call the Capital Infocentre for an exhausive list of camping areas. (613) 239-5000 (if I recall correctly).

If you drop in to the Capital Infocentre (across from the Parliament Buildings), they'll be happy to give you a printout large enough to choke a dromedary.

Thanks folks...I used to go to Bon echo...we'd canoe around (beautiful)but the camping spots for boats seemed to have lots of garbage which =scarey bears...oh my...

Asparagus...I'll have to grab directions to the ends of those roads....I may even have a suitable floating device...

Gatineaus are sweet yet I only know the well known spots....sandbanks-book a year in advance :eek:oops I missed that Quebec parks link...cool [big Grin] Thanks Arcane ....I can be lazy and still find cool places to camp [Wink]

Archived