Jambands.ca

Anyone see Red Shag Carpet?

c-towns

i was one of the 10 or so people at their CTMF set. i won a t-shirt for giv'n 'er the hardest through the set. it was cool. they've got that western canada sound...slammin'jack, stephen franke sort of jammy songwriting sound with harmonies, tight players, and a smart keyboard player...

...they're one of the bands that impressed me the most this year. i'm glad to hear what an edmonton band sounds like.

they were supposed to play elements the weekend it closed. such a bugger...it would've been a really cool show.

i give them 2 bumps up (((-|-}{-|-))) (((-|-}{-|-)))

shake it!

I was there last night as well and thought the band was really on....people were dancing, the songs were played with passion and played very well. The band looked like they were having a BLAST and this was one of the last shows on their 54 date summer tour. Honestly I can't believe I've never heard of them before?? Certainly not overly technical or jammed out to the tits, but I would certainly see them again and would guess they fit the bill for many musical tastes 'round these parts....

i'm so glad they're not your typical flaky over jammin young band. it's hard to pull off good jams when you're a young band. a great example of a bunch of young guys that can jam damn well would be the New Shady Groove.

who jams poorly and too much??

well to be honest i can't remember their name.

case closed.

wait i think it was the red star project...there were a few shows they played in hess village that rocked but i think the bassist was rollin' pretty hard to know if he'd wet himself or not.

red shag carpet are set for touring this fine country.

a nice bunch of guys that want to write really good music.

way to go!

i'm so glad they're not your typical flaky over jammin young band. it's hard to pull off good jams when you're a young band. a great example of a bunch of young guys that can jam damn well would be the New Shady Groove.

Thing is though, I think they COULD pull it off if they wanted to...the fact is, they play hard with a bit of jamming but don't get all spaced out or technical like most "jambands" try to do ( to varying degrees of ability). The jams they do have are pulled off well.

As for the New Shady Groove...yeah, I like they way those guys jam. They JAM.